Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
I have a problem
Posted by: chamaflauge (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2008 05:46AM
I don't know how to put this without being rude or starting up some contraversy...but here goes

I am currently looking for a girlfriend in Shanghai. Online when I meet a Chinese girl they are so nice to me until I tell them that I am a black American. And then they disappear and become very disrespectful(especially on msn. They always erase me when they find that I'm not white). I am very puzzled about this situation. Now when I speak with Chinese men they are very nice to me. When I talk with other races of the world they are also very nice. I wonder why Chinese girls have something against black people? Did we do something to the Chinese to make the girls so angry? How can I make them like me? This is a problem that I find very irritating and desperately seek a constructive, honest answer.

Re: I have a problem
Posted by: demoore (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2008 06:13AM
Hi John,

I can imagine how you feel. And maybe it's just an internet problem. I have black friends in China who have male and female friends, girlfriends, just like everyone. And with a real contact it's not the girl that disappear but the fear of the unknown.
So maybe a good solution would be to make Chinese male friends online, then to move to China for some times. Hanging out with your then-familiar male friends, you will meet female friends who won't see you as a stranger.

I know that's mabye not an ideal solution...
I also know I used the word "maybe" a lot but English is not my language.

Posted by: resinsoft (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2008 08:35AM
do you play basketball?
they like american people who can play good basketball.

Posted by: sofinexken (IP Logged)
Date: January 29, 2008 11:28AM
Something that you should learn is the fact that the Chinese are VERY conservative.

I know it's hard, but you have to accept that you have a very slim chance of ever dating a Chinese girl. This is just part of society. Maybe in America, it's a different story.

Yes, they are partly racist. The reason why the girls are rude to you and the guys are nice to you is simply because the guys feel no pressure of being hit on. I hope that helps.

Posted by: demoore (IP Logged)
Date: January 29, 2008 02:32PM
Quote:
Something that you should learn is the fact that the Chinese are VERY conservative.
Haha! You're so funny!
You mean that girls who chat online to find boyfriends but then ignore them when they find that they are black are conservative!
I'm always impressed on how Chinese can explain things without any sense of shame.

Posted by: resinsoft (IP Logged)
Date: January 29, 2008 07:47PM
don't give up

Posted by: rui_rui_yuan (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2008 02:45AM
The majority of the chinese girls would not be that rude.There is no discrimination in their minds, the girls you meet must be traditional ones in china who are very conservative. Maybe you can see few chinese married with a foreigner in china. Tradition and the culture!! Everything will certainly be fine in the long run. Be confident !

Posted by: amazonia13 (IP Logged)
Date: February 01, 2008 01:40AM
hmm lets face, racism is still very evident in other countries. Like in my case, although I am a half Chinese girl, the last chinese i used to date cant commit to me just because I am not pure chinese. I dont want to think this is totally chinese but more of being bigots.

John, if they stop chatting with you just because you're black, its their problem and not yours. so dont worry, there are still a lot of girls out there. so just cheer up and move on winking smiley

Posted by: Zeety (IP Logged)
Date: February 01, 2008 05:54AM
Well based on my experienced most Chinese girls online who is looking for boyfriends particularly American is actually looking for white American. It's funny how they can be conservative all of a sudden just because the American they chatting with is actually black American and not white American. I think this is also true with other Asian races looking for American boyfriend.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.219s