View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > General Forum > Use the scientific method to study mandarin in Shanghai

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Use the scientific method to study mandarin in Shanghai
Posted by: Mandarin.Garden (IP Logged)
Date: June 10, 2015 01:34AM
Both In sports and studying it has been found doing interval training is the most productive. 20 minutes is the ideal amount of time to do any one thing. The experiments done by Psychologists found that if you study for 20 minutes and take a bread even if just to get up from you chair or take a sip of water before you return to studying you will learn more than if you study continuously for 40 minutes. This is particularly true of studing mandarin. To learn a language it is important to develop a system of discipline or you waste a lot of time unknowingly. For example you might say you start you study mandarin at 9 AM every day. The first period might be to listen to a recording repeating after it for 20 minutes. Stop a minute then listen to it again. Two times is enough as the mind needs to digest what you have learned before it is retained. After the second 20 minutes take a break. Have a cup of coffee, make a telephone call or wash the dishes. Then start on reading and do the same thing. 20 minutes then perhaps some exercises. The next 20 minutes you might practice writing the characters and so on. It all depends on how much time you have in a day. I found my study time ideally is approximately 3 hours a day. I learn more than studying for 4 or 5 hours. Each person has a limit. Try to find you limit and you will be surprised by combining that with interval training how fast you progress .
[www.mandaringarden.org]

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Use the scientific method to study mandarin in Shanghai - Use the scientific method to study mandarin in Shanghai
page served in 0.058s