View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > General Forum > Learn Chinese Pinyin to use on your computer

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Learn Chinese Pinyin to use on your computer
Posted by: Mandarin.Garden (IP Logged)
Date: June 15, 2015 12:04AM
The invention of pin yin which is the Romanization method used in Mainland China for Mandarin is a wonderful tool. It is just about the same pronounciation in Spanish except for a couple of letter. Learn Pinyin is the first step of learning Chinese.All Chinese use this system to enter the character in a computer. There are a couple sounds like the U with two dots over it is not in the English keyboard system. Also I’ve never found it written how to deal with that problem. Whenever you need to use a u with an umlaut or two dots over just press the v and the correct character will come up. It is very easy for the Chinese who have been using the pinyin system since childhood. Now that you have the whole alphabet you can start writing Chinese on your English computer most of the time. First you have to put in the program for Chinese. Right now simplified is the most used form of characters. The program for western computers is not quite as good as the Chinese computers but almost. After Chinese is selected, the shift button will get you in and out of English. For example I press the windows key then the space key to get to mandarin. Once I’m in Mandarin I type the word I want phonetically It appears in order of most common usage.  I click on the one I want. Now I want to switch back to English so I press the shift bar which is the key for capitals.With this knowledge you are ready to learn Chinese.
The article from Mandaringarden:[www.mandaringarden.org]

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Learn Chinese Pinyin to use on your computer - Learn Chinese Pinyin to use on your computer
page served in 0.058s