View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > General Forum > visit France in Xmas?

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
visit France in Xmas?
Posted by: Canuck (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2009 03:15AM
Hi everyone, happy The Bastille Day, it’s next week eh? I tried to plan my Christmas trip to France. My friend lives in Lyon asked me visit him.
Too bad, I am single, damn it. Won’t be a great idea to visit Paris on the Xmas?

I am a big fans of French culture, this probably was due to my childhood anime “Lady Oscar” or The Rose of Versailles. This was one of anime which impacted my whole life.

Even when I was 8 years old living in China, after watching that anime on TVB Hong Kong, I got this interest to read French history. I had this big vision that one day maybe China will become France of Asia, eventually liberty, equality, brotherhood will be brought into average Joe, then it’s the June 4th, 1989, my little heart was broken.

Although I live in Canada now, I immigrated to Canada several years ago I could only speak little French, as I live in B.C, nobody speaks French here, in fact, it’s ever weird and never heard people party on July 14th in my small little town… don’t tell anyone, I think English culture is boring though.

I might be disappoint when I travel to France, visit place of Versailles, Bastille Place… as all I know about France is from Japanese anime, from story of Marie Antoinette.
Real life is not animation eh? However, I do wanna visit every destination it was mentioned in the anime, lady Oscar..

My childhood dream of living in a life, no matter how hard it is, never give up rose for bread, drink wine on weekend, In fact I brew my own wine at home.

Do you think I would be disappoint? Because I am too otaku eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 03:16AM by Canuck.

Re: visit France in Xmas?
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2009 05:02AM
I think you will love it but probably a little disappointed just because you've built it up in your mind.

Posted by: Lordarithon (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2009 10:29AM
Dude, if you are single in France around xxxmas you should be good to go. Imagine how bad the sad single French girls will want to be with someone. Get my point winking smiley LOL

Dude, don't expect anything about France. Don't base your idea of France off of that anime either, because it will be wrong.

The problem with most people going to another country is they expect things and when they don't get them then they are disappointed.

Posted by: Gekkohq (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2009 01:21PM
大家好, 我是新會員! 很喜歡上旅遊網, 看看有沒有優惠.介紹以下网站 有好多歐洲旅遊資料

France for Xmas would be super nice! smileys with beer

Date: July 06, 2009 04:15PM
dude, i can't believe this, i put the same post on AZN, people think i am fagg...

Date: July 06, 2009 04:50PM
Maybe because they wish you were??

Plus anyone going to those AZN sites are usually people not born in their parents country anyway and they look at things differently.

Date: July 06, 2009 07:00PM
AZN site is weird dude, I think there are a lot of girls on that site are Asian fetish or something. They like those Asian guys manufactured in Korean Pop music and then export to here duties free.

People like me, born in China and remodelled in Canada are always too weird to them.

Actually even myself sometimes do feel like I do not have an identity at all.

sites like azn is for sure not a place to meet girls for me. those chicks are crazy with anime, Korean pop culture......

you know, as an Asian myself, I do not wanna date a girl who wanna date an Asian guy, just because they think our culture is fun and date asian because we are an asian. That’s BS.. once chicks lose those refreshment, they will get bored and toss us away ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 07:07PM by Canuck.

Date: July 06, 2009 09:27PM
Yeah dude I know what you mean. I've met a few japanese and chinese girls who told me they dated western guys who they later found out were a guys who only wanted them just because they were asian. 1 of the prettier girls told me that she found out her guy was out having sex with any girl in japan he could find, and that really hurt her at first because she found out it was with some very very ugly girls and she felt ugly. Then she found out that he was just after any asian girl.

After hearing all of their stories I realized that guys like that usually put asian girls through a lot of hurt, because they don't feel like they were being treated like a human being, and that they were being treated more like a painting or an ivory box. Just something to posses and to be seen with.

I see the western girls are doing that now. I find it interesting yet sad at the same time.

Date: July 06, 2009 10:27PM
my two ex gfs are exactly like that, i feel i was being treated like primate.
then that's probably the reason i built my own "Great Wall" to a lot of white girls said they are into anime or Asian pop culture.

that's so sad to see things turn into this way.

it's easy to say " Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

In the reality, I doubt i would let my 49th parallel widely open for a lot of white girls if I don’t know them well enough. It’s so sad, don’t blame on me, I just hate to get hurt again and again. just because i am a guy, does not mean i would not get hurt. just because i am a guy, does not mean i just wanna bang someone and toss away, we also like the feeling of being love. we guys also got hurt emotionally when marriage or relationship broken up.

have you heard a song All I Can Do by Canadian singer Chantal Kreviazuk?

when you're on your own
When you're at a fork in the road
You don't know which way to go
There's too many suns in our rows
You haven't laughed in a while
When you can't even fake a smile
When you feel ashamed
The uniform don't make you brave

Chorus:

All I can do is love you to pieces
Give you a shoulder to cry when you need it
When the day is long and the night is coming down on you
All I can do
All I can do
All I can do

Lordarithon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah dude I know what you mean. I've met a few
> japanese and chinese girls who told me they dated
> western guys who they later found out were a guys
> who only wanted them just because they were asian.
> 1 of the prettier girls told me that she found
> out her guy was out having sex with any girl in
> japan he could find, and that really hurt her at
> first because she found out it was with some very
> very ugly girls and she felt ugly. Then she found
> out that he was just after any asian girl.
>
> After hearing all of their stories I realized that
> guys like that usually put asian girls through a
> lot of hurt, because they don't feel like they
> were being treated like a human being, and that
> they were being treated more like a painting or an
> ivory box. Just something to posses and to be
> seen with.
>
> I see the western girls are doing that now. I
> find it interesting yet sad at the same time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 10:35PM by Canuck.

Date: July 07, 2009 02:16AM
Yeah dude, the allure of the exotic is very hard for a lot of American people to pass up.

Posted by: David200888 (IP Logged)
Date: July 07, 2009 03:24AM
have new york friend here ? pls contract with me.
msn:david.wei2008@hotmail.com

Posted by: greentea (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2009 02:39PM
no opinions about girls, if you are always interested in french culture, you need to go to see and dont let things hold you back.

i would like to visit france again, maybe do chrismas shopping there this year.

any good ideas?

Date: July 08, 2009 03:05PM
how's retails/outlet price compares with U.S

In U.S standard, it's inexpensive compares with Canada, due to our high sale tax. therefore dine out, outlets shopping are considered affortable to Canadian in U.S.

does France like the same way as U.S?

Posted by: Ronaldboll (IP Logged)
Date: June 16, 2015 09:20PM
ups

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> visit France in Xmas? - visit France in Xmas?
page served in 0.069s