Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Lovely Wenbaobao Answers the tough questions
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: March 14, 2010 07:21AM
This morning I saw this article about how WenJiabao blames all the problems between China and the USA on the USA and thought I should figure out just what exactly he really said. Here's the video, watch for yourself, I may comment on things he claims throughout here.

On the RMB re-evaluation. "We call for a free Market!" really? A free market without government controls in a country whose government controls large amounts of the manufacturing? How would that work exactly?

Copenhagen: So basically he didn't get a written invitation to the final meeting so he wouldn't go (he knew he was invited, just no one said it to him personally so he was upset). Seriously... does no one see the problem here? Some things should come before face....

My favourite absurd quote of the night:

"I understand that some countries want to increase their exports, but what I don't understand is the practice of depreciating one's own currency while attempting to press other countries to appreciate their currency, just for the sole purpose of increasing one's own exports."

I agree, it would be like if some country was artificially depressing their currency while telling everyone else they couldn't take measures to equal the playing field... what kind of retarded backwards thinking country would do that?!

About the Luanpin(ping?) county and it's lack of developement. I get so damn sick of Chinese people telling me "Oh no, we aren't developed! many cities and areas are still very poor!" Well I guess that's a problem you should be SOLVING, instead of just using it as a crutch. 40,000,000,000 USD (dollars, not yuan) for Olympics but no money to help the poor counties?! I find that hard to believe. Stop pumping all the money into the East coast and start improving the poorer areas in the west and maybe China could have a more uniformed progress which would lead to a more Harmonious (to use their beloved word) society. STop paying the poor,to make crap for the West and start paying them to improve their own home towns. Build roads, build infrastructure, build everythign that's missing, 500,000,000 poor citizens can do amazing things, look at the change the US made during the Great Depression when it had a small fraction of the number of poor workers China has... they turned revolutionalized their whole country.

"....it will still take over 100 years to make China into a modernized (well developed actually) country"

At this rate I agree....

Interesting little gathering, I can see why they use WenJiabao for these events, it's like watching your grandpa have a press confrence, hard to get angry at lovely old grandpa...

Re: Lovely Wenbaobao Answers the tough questions
Posted by: Astroboy (IP Logged)
Date: March 14, 2010 09:17AM
It's basically politics. Everybody's pointing the finger at someone else. So what's new?

Re: Lovely Wenbaobao Answers the tough questions
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: March 14, 2010 12:12PM
Not much, Just spent the day browsing the and letting my throat heal so thought I'd see what was new in politics. haha

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.079s