View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > China News > Learn Mandarin in China and China Visa Experiences

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Learn Mandarin in China and China Visa Experiences
Posted by: Mandarin.Garden (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2015 11:32PM
In my opinion learning mandarin is not an easy task; it’s actually very difficult. In Chinese, one character can have multiple pronunciations and meanings. And it’s common that characters have the same pronunciation but different meanings. Chinese is so complicated that even native speakers of Chinese sometimes have difficulties understanding a character’s meaning. So naturally, for foreigners it’s much more difficult. Therefore I thought it would be best to study single characters and simple characters. I ignored a lot of characters, especially those with complicated structures and multiple meanings. So when I started learning mandarin there were a lot of good laughs.
With China changing the visa rules recently, tourists can now only get a single entry 30 day “L” tourist visa. Previously, it was possible to get a multiple entry 30-90 days/entry visa, depending on your nationality and luck. Googling for advice is pointless as many of the blog posts on getting Chinese visas are outdated, so hopefully this post helps shed some light on the new Chinese visa, specifically with regards to the tourist “L” visa. These days, the only way to be a tourist and get more than the miserable 30 days single entry visa is to have an invitation letter from someone in China.
I messaged a Chinese friend and told her my dilemma, and she quickly sent me a picture of her Chinese ID card, her address and her telephone number. From there, it was easy to type out my own invitation letter (google China invitation letter for templates) with her details. Note: you will need to submit both sides of the ID. I made the mistake of only submitting the front side and my application was rejected. I had to come back and resubmit, this time with both sides of the ID card.
Besides an invitation letter and a photocopy/picture of the Chinese ID card, I also attached a copy of my bank statement (stamped at DBS) as proof of sufficient funds. Apparently during my submission interview, the officer said that it was not necessary to submit my financial statement, although it was nice to have some proof that I could support myself.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Learn Mandarin in China and China Visa Experiences - Learn Mandarin in China and China Visa Experiences
page served in 0.06s