Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
China Daily is sick....
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2009 06:27AM
Official stabbed to death for 'special service' request

What is wrong with China daily?!? First off the title.

"Official stabbed to death for 'special service' request"

WRONG. He was stabbed to death for trying to rape an innocent girl.

Quote:
Deng Guida, a 44-year-old official from Ye Sanguan Town, Ba Dong County, went to a local hotel with two other colleagues for leisurely activities on the evening of May 10. As they were waiting in the hotel, they caught sight of Deng Yujiao, a KTV attendant, and asked whether she could provide “special services”.

Mr. Deng went out for a leisurely stroll with his best friend Frank. While out, as we all do sometimes, he decided to acquire the services of a prostitute. When the girl in question refused to admit she was a prostitute Mr. Deng did the only sensible thing and tried to rape her.

Quote:
Deng Yujiao turned herself in shortly afterwards. Police say she may suffer from acute depression, but still have to wait for the official examination results.

Right... because girls defending themselves from sick assholes is a sickness. Why wouldn't she just lay back and take it like a good compliant girl?! She must be depressed...

Say what you want about Western Media but NEVER would an attempted rape by a government official be portrayed as a sick girl stabbing some guy out for some "leisurely activities".

Re: China Daily is sick....
Posted by: Lordarithon (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2009 11:04AM
Damn, that is messed up.

Well in the US they just wouldn't cover the matter and it woudn't be heard of, unless the government official in question wasn't someone who was "in the circle". Then the story would be released.

I'm glad the girl stabbed the guy.

Date: May 14, 2009 01:11PM
Sounds like the guy was a smaller level official otherwise I doubt they'd be releasing it here either.

Posted by: Tangerine (IP Logged)
Date: May 15, 2009 12:30PM
Quoting the article: "As they were waiting in the hotel, they caught sight of Deng Yujiao, a KTV attendant, and asked whether she could provide “special services”.

She flatly refused the request and turned to leave, when an angry Deng allegedly shouted at her and flashed a bundle of banknotes condescendingly. After that elicited no reaction, Deng forcibly pushed her down onto a sofa. After some struggle,..."

The article doesn't say enough to determine whether this was rape or not. Based on the little information given, i'd say it was not. The article doesn't reflect thorough reporting and aimed at throwing out a few sensational tidbits.

KTV attendants are girls who provide these "special services," aren't they? The girl WAS a KTV attendant and her attire probably screamed what she did for a living. It's not a job where you can be picky about your customers, typically a sleazy bunch. Was Deng really going to rape her on the couch of this hotel lobby? I'm sure this lobby was not like the Four Seasons Hotel and may have been fairly seedy but still a lobby is a public place and not the ideal spot to commit rape.

Why was she carrying a knife? Did this hotel have a history of violence or was she perhaps a little paranoid, maybe ... depressed?

Deng certainly deserved a mighty kick in the groin. Unless he was using public funds or proved to be a hypocrite who habitually campaigned that he was a strong believer in family values and nothing was as dear to him as his doting wife, i can't object to a petty official seeking special services. Those services are not offered exclusively to single college students--quite the opposite. I do hope though that Mrs. Deng had a satisfactory love affair going, got her fingers on more than her fair share of her husband earnings and wasn't expected to say when hubby stumbled in late at night "Oh, dear, did you have another long day at the office? You're working way too hard..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 05:38PM by Tangerine.

Date: May 15, 2009 05:42PM
KTV attendants don't necessarily provide these services. There are plenty of KTV places without these services. The thing that makes it seem like rape is the idea that there was a struggle. Why was there a struggle?? Why was he pinning her down on the couch?? No matter really if it was rape or not it still describes that she was assaulted.

But yeah why did this girl have a knife, that is one to wonder...but then again...it was a Chinese girl who held a knife to my throat on our first date just to tell me I shouldn't try anything funny...a few years later I married her lol.

Date: May 15, 2009 10:23PM
Tangerine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KTV attendants are girls who provide these
> "special services," aren't they?

No. KTV attendants are the ones who walk you to your room, get you your drinks and such. They are not the ones who go to your room and provide "special services" otherwise she would have taken the money.

> The girl WAS a
> KTV attendant and her attire probably screamed
> what she did for a living.

Wow... You're going to go with the "She was wearing sexy clothes sir, she was asking for it!" defense?! So if you wear a skirt in public I should be allowed to grope you because obviously you are asking for it.... nice...

> Was Deng really going to rape her on
> the couch of this hotel lobby? I'm sure this lobby
> was not like the Four Seasons Hotel and may have
> been fairly seedy but still a lobby is a public
> place and not the ideal spot to commit rape.

The article has actually been changed, originally it said he forced her into a private room and then onto a couch. Not sure which version is actually correct (who knows when dealing with officials) but either way the girl was protecting herself from an attack. Some guy tells me he wants special services and then forces me onto a couch and I have a knife then he should be careful of any fleshy parts that are showing.

> Why was she carrying a knife? Did this hotel have
> a history of violence or was she perhaps a little
> paranoid, maybe ... depressed?

Maybe guys have tried that shit before so she wanted protection. Rape is a lot more common in China than they'd let on. Especially among pretty young poor girls, the types who become KTV attendants usually.

> Deng certainly deserved a mighty kick in the
> groin. Unless he was using public funds or proved
> to be a hypocrite who habitually campaigned that
> he was a strong believer in family values and
> nothing was as dear to him as his doting wife, i
> can't object to a petty official seeking special
> services.

That's pretty sick... You have no problem with a guy forcing a girl onto a couch while insisting she gives him special services... My friend in Nanjing got attacked in Shanghai by a guy looking for "special service", though he wasn't planning on paying (she got away luckily though I know one other who didn't) it really messes with the girl mentally... try doing some work with abused women and then see if you still don't object to forcing women into this sort of situation.

> I do hope though that Mrs. Deng had a
> satisfactory love affair going

Yeah... me too... sure hope she was out trying to force young men to have sex with her... that would certainly even the score! Well except for the young boys and girls who are being forced into situations they don't want to be in... but hey, if they dress sexily they are OBVIOUSLY deserving of it!

If the girl has mental problems she needs help, but in no way should she be punished for this. The guy also obviously had mental problems, the situation was his fault and he got punished for it. No he didn't deserve to die (his testicles being cut off would have been sufficient) but it's his fault he did die.

Good for her for protecting herself, too many girls in China don't.

Date: May 16, 2009 10:27AM
Uberche Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tangerine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > KTV attendants are girls who provide these
> > "special services," aren't they?
>
> No. KTV attendants are the ones who walk you to
> your room, get you your drinks and such. They are
> not the ones who go to your room and provide
> "special services" otherwise she would have taken
> the money.

> > The girl WAS a
> > KTV attendant and her attire probably screamed
> > what she did for a living.
>
> Wow... You're going to go with the "She was
> wearing sexy clothes sir, she was asking for it!"
> defense?! So if you wear a skirt in public I
> should be allowed to grope you because obviously
> you are asking for it.... nice...
>
> > Was Deng really going to rape her on
> > the couch of this hotel lobby? I'm sure this
> lobby
> > was not like the Four Seasons Hotel and may
> have
> > been fairly seedy but still a lobby is a public
> > place and not the ideal spot to commit rape.
>
> The article has actually been changed, originally
> it said he forced her into a private room and then
> onto a couch. Not sure which version is actually
> correct (who knows when dealing with officials)
> but either way the girl was protecting herself
> from an attack. Some guy tells me he wants special
> services and then forces me onto a couch and I
> have a knife then he should be careful of any
> fleshy parts that are showing.
>
> > Why was she carrying a knife? Did this hotel
> have
> > a history of violence or was she perhaps a
> little
> > paranoid, maybe ... depressed?
>
> Maybe guys have tried that shit before so she
> wanted protection. Rape is a lot more common in
> China than they'd let on. Especially among pretty
> young poor girls, the types who become KTV
> attendants usually.
>
> > Deng certainly deserved a mighty kick in the
> > groin. Unless he was using public funds or
> proved
> > to be a hypocrite who habitually campaigned
> that
> > he was a strong believer in family values and
> > nothing was as dear to him as his doting wife,
> i
> > can't object to a petty official seeking
> special
> > services.
>
> That's pretty sick... You have no problem with a
> guy forcing a girl onto a couch while insisting
> she gives him special services... My friend in
> Nanjing got attacked in Shanghai by a guy looking
> for "special service", though he wasn't planning
> on paying (she got away luckily though I know one
> other who didn't) it really messes with the girl
> mentally... try doing some work with abused women
> and then see if you still don't object to forcing
> women into this sort of situation.
>
> > I do hope though that Mrs. Deng had a
> > satisfactory love affair going
>
> Yeah... me too... sure hope she was out trying to
> force young men to have sex with her... that would
> certainly even the score! Well except for the
> young boys and girls who are being forced into
> situations they don't want to be in... but hey, if
> they dress sexily they are OBVIOUSLY deserving of
> it!
>
> If the girl has mental problems she needs help,
> but in no way should she be punished for this. The
> guy also obviously had mental problems, the
> situation was his fault and he got punished for
> it. No he didn't deserve to die (his testicles
> being cut off would have been sufficient) but it's
> his fault he did die.
>
> Good for her for protecting herself, too many
> girls in China don't.

If there was another published version of the alleged events you should have posted that as well, or at least mentioned as much, because from the link i couldn't get a clear picture what transpired exactly. And you should not expect readers to blindly accept your interpretation of events.

My question at the outset of my post made very clear that i didn't know the exact job duties of KTV attendants and based the rest of my post on an inaccurate assumption. That certainly changed everything! So, please don't start calling me things like "sick" and insinuating that i condone crimes such as rape. That's deeply offensive to me. And nowhere did i say that i hoped Mrs. Deng herself engaged in perverse activities. You put words into people's mouths that they don't say!

Perhaps, Uberche, you should consider getting off your high horse once in a while.

Date: May 16, 2009 11:12AM
It wasn't another published version, this version has been changed. I didn't mention it because it happened after I read it.

And you said "her attire probably screamed what she did for a living." which is the same as saying she got attacked because she dressed sexily. Attendants do dress sexily because that's what the male clientele want to see but that's no reason to do that to a girl. Even IF she was a prostitute it's still her right to say no to a client and not be forced against her will to go anywhere or do anything she doesn't want to.

You can't say "You are dressed like an accountant so it's ok to force you to do my taxes."

Sorry if I insulted you, I've just had to deal with situations like this in the past so maybe I get a little personal about it... I have absolutely no respect for any man like that one and people who justify it in anyway make me furious.

Date: May 16, 2009 12:21PM
When i said that "her attire probably screamed what she did for a living" it again tied in with my false assumption that KTV girls were in essence hookers. Being dressed sexily often is a far cry from being dressed like a hooker (particularly the street walker variety but i suppose that hookers in hotels make it clear, too, what services they offer through the way they dress).

I've always HATED it when men, particularly the police, discredited rape victims by comments such as "she was so attractive, she asked for it!" or "what was she doing out on the street at seven in the evening anyway!" That said, attitudes in the west have changed much for the better wrt to rape, sexual abuse/harrassment, and domestic violence. But sometimes the pendulum of PC swings a little too far. The media loves sensational stories and sometimes you wonder how factual and objective their reporting is about "he said, she said" cases.

And yes, prostitutes have every right to decline business. The article, as it was, talked only about a "struggle." Nor did i mean to imply that prostitutes are a sub-species of homo sapiens and therefore one shouldn't care what happens to them. In fact, much of prostitution has become synonymous with slavery.

Let's drop it, Uberche, since we really don't have different views on these matters. Good day to you.

Date: May 16, 2009 01:31PM
Alright, sorry to be a dick about it. Sometimes I get upset about things more than I should.

Posted by: Freemanblaze (IP Logged)
Date: June 17, 2009 03:31AM
So the woman was praised by the government for sticking up for herself. I'll edit this post later with the link.

Date: June 17, 2009 06:35AM
Amazing how quickly the government changes it's tune once the unwashed masses on the internet starts screaming.

Quote:
Deng Yujiao, the leisure center waitress who killed a government official while he tried to force himself on her, was set free yesterday after a short trial in Badong County, Hubei Province.
Police had originally wanted to charge Deng with murder but backed down in the face of criticism from netizens and the mainstream media. By finding Deng guilty but not punishing her, the judiciary managed to satisfy both the public and the law enforcement authorities

[www.danwei.org]

Date: June 17, 2009 09:51AM
It's funny how they will go to any length just to "save face".

Date: June 17, 2009 11:30AM
Yeah, i read about Deng Yujiao yesterday in a BBC article online. thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Ajin728 (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2009 02:40AM
Deng has been judged not guilty by court.

Date: July 08, 2009 05:55AM
Actually she was judged Guilty, just not punished from everything I read.

Posted by: Moroes (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2009 10:09AM
This case got too much public attention. The results will just be for face. She probably might have no charges at all just to make the public happy.

The case is quite complicated. Did she really have the right to kill? Would have been better if it was pepper spray and kicks to the groin but the real case was she killed him. She was attacked yes. But imagine its okay to kill a guy for attacking you. Giving the defending person the okay to kill when a fight starts. Damn so many people will try to provoke people to throw the first punch so they can get their knife for the stab. Killing someone with self-defence is a tough one to judge. And this case is a hard one because she was not going to die.

Not too sure about this but if laws were simple we wouldn't need lawyers.

Date: July 08, 2009 11:39AM
Yeah it's a hard one, I support her just because there is so much abuse of women in this country (especially the poor who have to work those kinds of jobs) that something needs to change and events like this are how change starts to take place... Did the guy deserve to die, probably not, but attempted rape is a pretty sick thing to be doing...

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 1.095s