Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Patience in Chinese culture
Posted by: Geroid (IP Logged)
Date: September 04, 2010 05:28PM
THE DIFFERENCE APPEARS TO BE THAT CHINESE PEOPLE HAVE A PATIENCE THAT WE WESTERNERS DONT APPEAR TO HAVE. NOW YEARS AGO IN IRELAND THIS PATIENCE DID EXIST AND IN THE OLDER GENERATIONS ESPECIALLY COUNTRY FOLK THIS DOES EXIST, SO THE ATTRACTION FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME TO CHINESE PEOPLE IS YOUR POLITENESS AND QUIET. WHY IS THIS SO I DONT REALLY KNOW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2010 09:26PM by Olive.

Re: CHINESE AND WESTERNERS
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2010 06:16AM
[quote=YOUR POLITENESS AND QUIET][/quote]

haha you've obviously never been in China before...

Date: September 05, 2010 06:33AM
IS THIS NOT SO I AM SHOCKED MOST I HAVE MET ARE EXTREMLY POLITE AND QUIET AND THE LADIES ARE SHY AND NOT FORWARD,VERY ATTRACTIVE ATTRIBUTES IN WOMEN GEROID

Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2010 08:09PM
They are polite in some ways and not polite in others. The different cultures have very different ideas of politeness. Like lining up, many in China do not care about lining up, they just push tot he front and who cares about everyone else, or spitting which is very common, or many other things. However those in big cities and modernized areas are starting to care more about these things and it's becoming much better. Quiet, Chinese are quiet around people they don't know, but so are most people, around other Chinese and people they know they are often very loud. Go to a Chinese restaurant in China and see how quiet the Chinese are smiling smiley

Chinese women are fairly shy and not forward towards thoset hey don't know. But it's good to remember that Chinese women are also VERY controlling in the house, outside tehy are taught to be quiet and shy and give their man "face" to make him look good. But inthe house I have never seen a more domineering and controlling woman than some Chinese house wives.

Posted by: Canuck (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2010 08:45PM
haha. you are right..I can tell you most of Chinese, including myself, live in Canada for so long, still have no patient, when it comes to wait for services...
we often complain white people are slow...lol...
i think we Chinese tend to think just because we pay the money, we don't need to expect customer services, that's so wrong.

Posted by: Trien (IP Logged)
Date: September 06, 2010 07:02PM
Not to be rude but Geroid, do you know that writing in all caps is rude?!

It's you westerners causing China to be impatient. So go home!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 07:30PM by Trien.

Re: Patience in Chinese culture
Date: September 07, 2010 01:33PM
Well this i did not know and since i am not rude i will in future write small this is not an issue in my culture and it would be absurd to suggest that to anyone... you live and learn thank you for the advice.geroid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2010 09:27PM by Olive.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.074s