View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > Chinese culture > Re: Chinese poem « Jing Ye Si » by Li Bai (with English translation)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Re: Chinese poem « Jing Ye Si » by Li Bai (with English translation)
Posted by: Navedflash (IP Logged)
Date: July 22, 2012 03:43AM
A pool of moonlight before my bed Shining like frost upon the ground Gazing at the moon, I raise my head And lower it again with thoughts of home. It doesn't rhyme completely, I know. IPhone Source Code I love LiBai, what beautiful poems and simple powerful language.

Date: July 24, 2012 12:28AM
I did enjoy it, for I do find the poets of Japan and China very fascinating (read in English, of course) Therefore, IPhone Source Code I rely totally on the ability of the translators. You appear to have done it very well.

Posted by: Navedtest (IP Logged)
Date: September 21, 2012 07:50AM
I found a much better translation that seems the prevailing one in the US. Please note as well the change in title. The one in the original translation here isn't really English either. Watch NFL Games Live I hope you'll agree the translation is simpler and, as a result, more powerful.

Date: September 24, 2012 03:31PM
Da Chen, whose memoirs read like poetic prose and evoke intense nostaglia in the reader. Fifty Shades of Grey | Fifty Shades | 50 Shades of Grey Li Po's work here, as translated by you, has an intense beauty, a breath-taking elegance that makes me want to revisit the lines again and again.

Date: February 18, 2013 10:30AM
静夜思 Jìng yè sī

床前明月光, Chuáng qián míng yuè guang,
疑是地上霜。 Yí shì dì shàng shuāng.
举头望明月, Jŭ tóu wàng míng yuè,
低头思故乡。 Dī tóu sī gù xiāng.
A Tranquil Night (by Libai - 李白)
A bed,I see a silver night,
I wonder if it's frost aground,
Looking up , I found the moon bright,
In the ancient Chinese, the character “床" has another mean: the guardrail of the well. Manuka Honey Benefits | Manuka Honey for Acne | Buy Manuka Honey

Posted by: Carpet (IP Logged)
Date: March 18, 2013 12:25PM
Beautiful, melodical, a simple treasure. After all, the same moon shines in all the corners of the earth, and we can still share the view, though miles away. Artist Biography | Music Download | Ringtones Just a note to say well done

Date: March 26, 2013 12:40PM
No doubt Li Po's work here, as translated, has an intense beauty, a breath-taking elegance that makes me want to revisit the lines again and again. Custom Kitchens | Customer Vanities | Custom Furniture Compelling, incandescent work, once more.

Posted by: Wedding (IP Logged)
Date: April 05, 2013 09:15PM
As in Chinese culture when the author poems mentions about the moon, especially the full autumn moon, very often symbolises family reunion and celebration Organic Protein Powder | Organic Protein Bars | The use of light and weather words - here 'moonlight' and 'frost'- are very visually evocative, although the language is simple, Organic Protein Shakes it is easy to imagine the poet lying on his bed in the moonlit room.

Posted by: Muskanscience (IP Logged)
Date: August 31, 2013 10:35PM
After living in China for over a year, teaching English after college, I took a crack at translation with one of the most celebrated Chinese poets, Jobs in Life Sciences | Jobs in Biotechnology Li Bai (we know him as Li Po). This poem is often read and recited by the youngest elementary students during the Moon Festival,| Jobs in Health Care | which is near Halloween in America, late October. Since many families are seperated by distances for schooling, work, etc., this poem is especially poignant to the Chinese in evoking the feeling of "home." Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2013 10:38PM by Muskanscience.

Posted by: Muskanscience (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2013 02:12PM
Li Po's works are amazingly affecting, and this example may lead many into
exploration of this author's luminous writing. Home Business Opportunity | Youtube Incomes I have a favorite author, though as far as I know he has not written poetry: Da Chen, whose memoirs read like poetic
prose and evoke intense nostaglia in the reader.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Re: Chinese poem « Jing Ye Si » by Li Bai (with English translation) - Re: Chinese poem « Jing Ye Si » by Li Bai (with English translation)
page served in 0.062s