View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > Work in China - Business > Teaching in China?

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Teaching in China?
Posted by: ShanksForte (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 03:47AM
Hi, I'm a native English speaker from America, and I'm studying to be a CMT right now. I was wondering if I could teach in China without having a college degree?

Re: Teaching in China?
Posted by: Mango (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 04:26AM
Hi ShanksForte ,I'm Mango from Hangzhou, the city capital of Zhejiang Province.
First of all, I want to know what does CMT refers to? Chip Multi-threading? or Computer-Managed Training? And where would you like to be?
If I got the details, maybe I can do my endeavor to do something for you.
Or you can add my msn:[email protected]
If you had any quetions in China, please don't hesitate to ask me.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Arnold (IP Logged)
Date: January 07, 2008 06:29AM
Shanks, on 100 English teachers I have met, a few minority had a college degree...
What is CMT?
Are you really 87 years old like said on your profile?

Posted by: ShanksForte (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2008 03:42AM
Haha, no I am not 87 years old. As of right now I'm 18. CMT = Certified Medical transcriptionist, I will be around 19 when I finish studying medical transcribing. If I don't need college degree, and what else do I need? Any formal training or certificates?

I'm interested in Changchun (长春城市,吉林省), but I like a lot of places in China. I'd also like to know what the living for foreign teachers is like in China. Is there any sort of medical insurance provided, retirement plan? I notice the Guilin school they mention on the main page provides housing for the foreign teachers, do most schools offer this?

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Teaching in China? - Teaching in China?
page served in 0.055s