Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Xiamen Transportation and Logistics Industry
Posted by: Tomlee (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2015 11:24AM
The Port of Xiamen is one of the major natural deep-water ports on China’s Mainland. It is an international shipping center in Southeast China and serves as one of China’s base ports and container hub terminals. There are 167 regular container shipping routes including 44 deep-sea routes, 42 offshore routes, 13 routes to Hong Kong and Taiwan, 24 domestic lateral routes, and 44 domestic trade routes, leading from here to over 140 ports both in and outside China. In 2013, the cargo throughput of Xiamen Port amounted to 191 million tons and the container throughput reached 8.008 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units), making it the 8th biggest in China and the 19th largest in the world. Since the launch of direct cargo shipments across the Taiwan Straits in 2008, Xiamen Port has opened the Xiamen-Taichung container direct shipping route, “Cosco Star” ro-ro/passenger shipping route, Xiamen-Taiwan cruise shipping line, and Xiamen-Penghu passenger shipping route. In 2013, Taiwan-bound passengers amounted to 1.288 million. Among them, 1.256 million traveled via the Xiamen-Jinmen route, which runs 36 voyages every day. The cargo throughput reached 16.5326 million tons and the container throughput was 402,300 TEUs.

As a regional aviation hub in East China, Xiamen International Airport has opened 140 air routes leading to 88 cities in China’s Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, Southeast Asia, Japan, R.O.K, U.S., and Europe. In 2013, the passenger throughput was 19.753 million, and the airfreight throughput reached 302,500 tons. Scheduled cargo flights go to Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka in Japan, Chicago, Los Angles, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, and Hong Kong. There are 36 cargo-only flights every week.

Xiamen is a regional railway transport hub in terms of both passenger- and freight- handling capacity. It boasts Xiamen Railway Station, Xiamen North Railway Station, the large freight yard in front of Xiamen Rail and Dongfu Railway Marshaling Yard, and is connected to the national railway network through Yingtan-Xiamen Railway, Fuzhou-Xiamen Railway, Longyan-Xiamen Railway, and Xiamen-Shenzhen Railway. Xiamen is also a land transportation hub in Southwest Fujian, given its various highways including Shenyang-Haikou Expressway, Xiamen-Chengdu Expressway, Xiamen-Anxi Expressway, as well as National Highways 319 and 324. In 2013, 157.392 million tons of cargo and 148.1262 million passengers traveled by land. Container freight services between Xiamen, Shenzhen and Hong Kong are flourishing and convenient. In 2013, the cargo throughput was 52.1744 million tons and the passenger throughput stood at 7.2834 million.

Four logistics parks are under construction in Xiamen, namely, Haicang Logistics Park, Modern Logistics Park, Xinlin Logistics Park and Liuwudian Logistics Park. Fujian E-port covers all the main logistics operation points in Xiamen customs area and all ports in Fujian Province. Organizations and agencies relevant to the customs clearance procedures---customs, CIQ, Station of Exit/Entry Frontier Inspection, logistics parks, logistics centers, wharfs, storage yards, shipping agencies, cargo agencies, air cargo stations, customs brokers and trading companies---are all networked, and thus procedures are streamlined.
So far, Xiamen has 65 international shipping agencies, 1,496 international freight forwarding agencies and 128 customs brokers.

Xiamen is designated as one of China’s nine prioritized logistic zones, i.e., the regional logistics hub on the Southeast Coast of China and a first-rate city in terms of logistic parks layout

Re: Xiamen Transportation and Logistics Industry
Posted by: Bhenz00 (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2015 09:52PM
Hello,
I am Bruton H, from United Kingdom. I have a very Large amount I want to invest in your Country.
Kindly let me know the possibility of investing the funds in your country with you as a business partner. I look forward to receiving your urgent reply via my private Email: brutonhenz@yahoo.com
Tel: +44-704-0107978
Kind Regards,
Bruton H.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.174s