View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > Study in China > Teach in China/Homestay Program!

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Teach in China/Homestay Program!
Posted by: Larinvila (IP Logged)
Date: March 23, 2011 03:25AM
Do you dream of exploring exotic places and immersing yourself in a foreign land? Would you like to share your language and culture in exchange for that of another?

Bridge for Education and International Travel (B.E.I.T) has founded an amazing program for people who want to have an in-depth experience of life in the Chinese culture. The program focuses on language and cultural exchange by residing with host families that are not only excited to learn English but also eager to share the characteristics of their country, culture and cuisine.

In exchange for staying with a host family, you must volunteer 5 hours a week helping your host family with Conversational English. That's it! Many Chinese families want to learn English or get better at speaking English through conversation. They are willing to provide a private room and sometimes breakfast/dinner each day. B.E.I.T takes care of the rest!

-Air-port pick up, pre-departure & post arrival orientation which helps you adjust to the Chinese way of life quickly.
-Visa assistance
-Two days orientation including 1/2 day tour around Beijing, 2 nights’ hotel accommodation, and 3 meals a day.
- $300 weekly allowance
-Professional staff to provide language assistance, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
-Personalized placement with a host family in China
-Transportation from the office to the host family.
-Placement in a school/learning facility
-TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certificate (optional)
-Private room, sometimes free breakfast & dinner provided by the HF.
-Basic language assistance and (optional) language classes.
-Free B.E.I.T membership card which provides 10% discount if you want travel with other B.E.I.T members around Beijing.

This is a once in a lifetime experience that offers an opportunity to broaden your horizons and open doors to numerous career paths in your future!

Contact Lauren (teachinchinacv@gmail.com) if you have any questions.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Re: Teach in China/Homestay Program!
Posted by: Samsparro (IP Logged)
Date: May 02, 2011 01:57PM
Sounds too good to be true smiling smiley
Do you have to be a native english speaker in order to apply or it doesn't matter as long as you have a decent level of the language?

Posted by: Ralphchan (IP Logged)
Date: January 20, 2012 12:58PM
Sounds like a good program, have you heard of this homestay program too?
China HomeStay Now!

Posted by: Vicmz (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2012 01:06AM
Sounds like a scam, too good to be true. Maybe the 'fisher' has set a B.E.I.T. for the 'fish' smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Ralphchan (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2013 11:11AM
Perhaps it is a scam. If you are looking for a homestay in Beijing, good English may provide a clue to it's legitimacy. Also look for the quality of its website and check for reviews.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Teach in China/Homestay Program! - Teach in China/Homestay Program!
page served in 0.115s