Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Study Chinese in Yangshuo with Omeida
Posted by: janie (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2007 04:30AM
Hi, I'm Janie.

I'm a Chinese language teacher at Omeida Language College, Yangshuo, China.
Yangshuo is a famous foreign tourist destination. You can go to hiking, cyclyling and rock climbing etc. You'll be amazed at the scenery! There are an assortment of bars on West Street. If you want to study basic Chinese language, Yangshuo is an ideal place. Welcome to Yangshuo!
You can ask me any question about to learn Chinese.
my E-mail address: j.0013@hotmail.com

If you are interesting at an Exchange Program, reading the following:

Exchange Program

If you are traveling in China, one of the stops you MUST make is to beautiful Yangshuo. This area is famous for its gorgeous landscape with magnificent karts mountains, scenic river journeys, enchanting country side and all the restaurant and shopping delights offered on West Street.

Are you interested in learning about the Chinese people and their culture? Want to learn to speak Chinese?
Omeida Language College offers a chance to learn these things in exchange for teaching English to students at our school. As a tourist, not speaking the language, one is often filled with questions about the people, their lives, their culture, their dreams, their families, etc. Now with the Exchange Program – you can ask these questions and build friendships that can last a lifetime.

What Omeida offers:

We offer to provide you with a room and a bathroom/shower for 250 RMB per month. This is much cheaper than staying in a hotel. You can take your lunch and dinner at the school for 5 RMB each or you can eat on your own at many of the restaurants on the famous West Street. When you decide what classes you want to take – what you want to learn – we will work out an exchange schedule for you to teach in exchange for these classes.

If you are interested, please fill out the exchange program application. We look forward to having you at Omeida and we feel that you will find it a very rich and rewarding experience.

How to apply?
Pick up service or not
Application form:
1. What are you interested in taking? Have you taught English
2. Name?
3. Email?
4. Arrival time?
5. How long will they stay?

Exchange program requirements

Requirements

1. 25 to 60 years old
2. BA degree or above
3. are in good health
4. Native English speakers
5. Teaching experience preferred
6. Love students and teaching
7. Passionate, hospitable, patient and flexible

Working conditions

a. Teach English or have a conversation for 2 hours a day with Chinese students from Monday to Friday
b. Join our activities such as camping, BBQ, hiking along the river, kayak trip and so on

Exchange benefits
2-4 hours professional Chinese language course a day as exchange.
other benefits:
a. Comfortable accommodation: private bedroom with bath, 24-hour hot shower, TV, internet, air-condition.
b. Paid food at Omeida canteen for lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday.
c. Pick up service from Guilin airport, bus station or railway station
d. Some training on how to be a qualified teacher if necessary

Apply it now

a. Email us your photo, resume, and a copy of passport to odaromeida@yahoo.com or
b. Fax to 86 773 8827705

Exchange Program

If you are traveling in China, one of the stops you MUST make is to beautiful Yangshuo. This area is famous for its gorgeous landscape with magnificent karts mountains, scenic river journeys, enchanting country side and all the restaurant and shopping delights offered on West Street.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2007 06:14AM by Olive.

Re: Study Chinese in Yangshuo with Omeida
Posted by: Lsz0719 (IP Logged)
Date: September 06, 2010 11:39PM
Do you want to learn to speak Chinese in a professional yet family-oriented environment? Do you care about the quality of teaching and want value for your money?

Welcome to Omeida Chinese Academy, the largest most reputable language private language school in Yangshuo! Our professional management team and experienced teachers have designed a Chinese language program to meet your exact learning goals and objectives.

Omeida has created an environment for you to be completely immersed in the Chinese language and culture. Our programs and multiple courses cater to students with varying needs and wants. So whether you sign up for our spoken Chinese, survival Chinese, academic or custom-designed courses, we will work with you to master the Chinese language at a pace that works for you!

Yangshuo is regarded by the Chinese as the “most beautiful place under heaven”! It is an ideal location for cultural activities and field trips and where you can have fun engaging others in trying out your newly acquired Chinese language skills!

So whether you need to learn Chinese, improve your Chinese or prepare for the HSK Exam, we have the program to help you achieve your goal!

Apply now for one of our programs or courses! If you are still in doubt, find out what our teachers and students have to say about their experiences with us!

Contact us and we will be pleased to assist you with additional information.

Email: info@omeida.com.cn

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 11:43PM by Lsz0719.

Posted by: Rehabeampk (IP Logged)
Date: October 01, 2010 03:12AM
how can i apply to be admitted from namibia

Posted by: Porsche777 (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2010 09:10PM
Yangshuo is beautifull. such a peacfull village.
clean little houses many countryside coffehouse , no concreate tower their.
Two pretty rivers. Must absolutely bicycle their a lot.
People who get their, you must also absolutely visit the yi minority rice terraces their. Amazing. Minority People don't live vith our modern society.
One and half hour bus from yangshuo.
It's even better as Yangshuo itself.

Janie you teach english while cycling?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 11:05PM by Olive.

Posted by: Omeida (IP Logged)
Date: August 02, 2011 09:36PM

Posted by: Grfl (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 11:15PM
I registered for classes with Omeida. They charged 280 RMB for "arranged transportation" from Guilin Airport. The room they provided was primitive. No toilet paper, no towels, no nothing. Drinking water was downstairs in the lobby and there was no container to get water. It was freezing cold(January). After two nights I checked into a hotel. The classroom was not heated. After three hours of class I was freezing. The concept of a learner centered environment was foreign to the instructor. After three lessons at this place I asked for a refund. Management must have changed since Lonely Planet was there. I could not in all good conscious recommend this as a decent environment for learning.

Posted by: Bicc (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 12:42AM
Try learning Chinese at BICC in Beijing. Beijing International Chinese College is Beijing's biggest private language school. We know what students expects from a quality school.

www.hibicc.com

Posted by: Janie00 (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2013 06:21AM
I wrote that message a long time ago. So here is the updated information.
Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I haven't been involved with that school since a long time, too bad it's like this.

About studying in Beijing...
Studying Chinese in China is a wonderful adventure and the best way to learn Mandarin Chinese.
But, learn Chinese in Yangshuo instead of one of those big cities. Nature is beautiful, the region is clean and there are plenty of activities (sports and cultural) to do in this region.
Also, when learning Chinese in China it might be expensive to live in Beijing, Shanghai, Nanning or Shenzhen. And perhaps most of all, in Yangshuo, living and eating are very very cheap (information on my website!). Beijing is very expensive.

For potential students who wish a private teacher instead of a school:

I have a new website, with a lot of information: [www.learn-chinese-in-yangshuo.com]

I organize the "Intensive Chinese course" (the immersion Chinese course from before). I also teach a special workshop, Survival Chinese. It is adapted to those who wish to learn basic sentences and common expressions, for a couple of hours or days. There are topics to choose from, and I can make custom material if you have any particular things you'd like to learn more.

I also offer a free Skype introduction lesson, so you can get a feel for my personality and my teaching method.

Have a look at my website (www.learn-chinese-in-yangshuo.com), and convince yourself that to learn mandarin in China, and in Yangshuo, is the most fun and fast way to do it!

Janie

--
www.learn-chinese-in-yangshuo.com

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.591s