View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > Travel to China > Features of the Titleist 913 D3 Driver

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Features of the Titleist 913 D3 Driver
Posted by: Golfonlineau (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2012 05:40AM
Beside the excellent adjustable hosel, there are a number of other features that make this a great driver. The all black head is beautiful to look at. The D2 model is the full 460cc and is a little more forgiving, while the D3 model is a little more compact, 445cc with a slightly taller face offering a more workable head. The Titleist 910 D3 Driver is really the combination of both worlds, if you want to work it, the ability is there to control shots, but if you want to just hit straight you can do that too. I would definitely keep this in the hands of better players; for maximum forgiveness the D2 is better suited.

The next great feature of this club is the multiple shafts offered stock at no up charge, and the fact that you can find many of them at your local golf store. So often companies offer multiple shaft options, but they tend to be special order. Not with Titleist this year, you will find 3, 4 or more shafts in the drivers on the rack. I think 910 D3 Driver is great for a driver that is designed to be adjustable in order to fit more people, more shafts offerings just make sense. With that said, it is still frustrating that the Sure-Fit tips are not available to the public or even authorized clubmakers. There are some shafts on the market that Titleist does not carry and it sure would be nice to try them out in this driver.

Features of the Titleist 910 D3 Driver

?Total performance: Titleist's most technically advanced head design delivers outstanding overall performance
?Precision Fit: Patented, innovative, dual angle SureFit Tour (SFT) hosel technology allows the player to set loft and lie independently to optimize ball flight.
?Fast Face Insert: Optimized face design with a larger maximum ball speed area for improved launch and spin face map gradient for increased distance potential
?Ultra Thin Crown Casting: Sleek, sloped, ultra thin crown design combined with the rear weight screw produce increased stability through a low and deep CG for longer, straighter drives
?Longer: Fast face insert creates a 15% larger maximum ball speed area
?Medium Launch with Mid/Low Spin: 445cc, high performance head provides slightly lower launch and spin versus Titleist 913 D2 Driver
?Traditional Looks: Classic pear-shaped profile with a rich black, PVD and paint finish instill confidence at address.
?Improved Sound and Feel: Acoustically engineered for a hot, solid sound and feel
?High Performance Shaft Options: Multiple stock and custom shaft options allow the shaft to be fit for maximum ball speed and preferred feel

I decided that my past experience with the Project X graphite shaft was so positive I would try it again in the 910 D3 driver. I was really happy with this combo. I messed around with the settings just to see how well they worked and found them to change the ball flight considerably. After considerable practice I settled on D3. I have not changed discount golf clubs, because I hit a nice mid/high trajectory with the 9.5* head. It flattens out mid flight and hits the ground running. It seems to have low spin and great distance.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Features of the Titleist 913 D3 Driver - Features of the Titleist 913 D3 Driver
page served in 0.058s