Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Chongqing - 重庆
Posted by: Arnold (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2008 01:10AM
重庆市简称“渝”,是一个中央直辖市,也是具有3000多年历史的现代城市。重庆市幅员面积8.24万平方公里,人口3100万人。重庆市是西部大开发的“窗口”。

Chongqing, called “Yu” for short, is a modern city, with an ancient history spanning more than 3,000 years. It is a municipality under the direct jurisdiction of the Chinese Central Government. It has an area of 82,400 square kilometers and a population of 31 million. Chongqing has become a "Gateway to the west," due to the central government’s policies aiming at further developing Western China.

重庆中心城区为长江、嘉陵江所环抱,各类建筑依山傍水,错落有致,素以美丽的“山城”著称于世。每当夜幕降临,城区万家灯火与水色天光交相辉映。

With its central district located at the confluence of Jialing and Yangtze rivers, Chongqing is built on hilly land. Known as the “Mountain City” because its roads and buildings are constructed on steep hillsides, every evening brings a charming picture of millions of household lamplights.

Re: Chongqing - 重庆
Posted by: Lovefangxing (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2008 03:33AM
I am a typical girl in Chongqing, Chongqing is the famous fog all around the mountain, is a very beautiful place, welcome to my hometown to playsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2008 01:42PM by Olive.

Re: Chongqing - 重庆
Posted by: Scott.Chen (IP Logged)
Date: August 25, 2008 04:23AM
Yes, Chongqing is very interesting city.The mountainous city downtown, straightforwared people, extremely warm summer, hot pot, groups of beautiful girls are all attractions. I have been to Chongqing so many times for business trips.It is really a unique city.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.192s