Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
What weather to expect during eclips Shanghai in July?
Posted by: Stardust (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2009 08:33PM
Hello all,
On 22nd of July there will be a solar eclips over Shanghai area, early in the morning.
In summer it is rainy season, with 60% chance of clouds/rain, but can somebody tell us, what the weather chances are really like? For example, it there a chance of clouds/rain at any time of day, or is it dry/sunny some hours and cloudy/raining certain hours, like in some tropical areas?
It would be really helpfull for many eclips tourists around the world to make up their mind to come to Shanghai area or not for the eclips.
Also, the central line runs across Jiaxing and the ccoast near Zhapu, with would have a better chance of clear sky?
So thanks very much for any information that is helpfull about this.

@ moderators: is it possible to make a special topic about the Shanghai eclips, so that all messages can be posted there, and interested travellers can meet there? Thanks also for that,

Stardust, from Netherlands

Re: What weather to expect during eclips Shanghai in July?
Posted by: Sjohnson2 (IP Logged)
Date: January 12, 2009 04:21PM
hello all,
That is a good reminder about the eclipse, thanks. I do not think anyone can truly predict the weather for the event----or they would be very rich!

I think we all have to take our best guess and go from there. Personally, when planning a trip I try to just pick the most favorable season for that area and leave the rest up to fate or whatever you want to call it. Hope you get the weather you are hoping for.

best advice and tips....canton fair hotel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 04:23PM by Sjohnson2.

Date: January 12, 2009 10:20PM
Yes, I know that the weather is difficult to predict, ofcourse. And it would be great to choise the time of travel when it's nice weather. Only problem, that an eclips only comes round once every few hundred years or so, over a particular area. winking smiley
And if the chance to be clouded out is great, it could swing a lot of eclips chasers not to come. It's always an expensive trip, a long way to travel.
Personally I like to combine an eclips trip with sightseeing in the area, which is always worth while.
Last year the combination eclips in Novosibirsk, Siberia, with a travel on the Trans Siberia Express train, and Moscow visit.
Still, hopefully, local people in Shanghai area can share their experience with rainfall / cloud cover in July.
In some (tropical) areas with a rainy season, one can almost set the clock by the time showers start at a set time of day....
We're open to suggestions. confused smiley

Date: January 17, 2009 07:07PM
I've had a reply with info about the weather conditions along the eclips track, and it does not look good. Also with hot and sticky conditions it will not be fun to visit Shanghai/China and do some sightseeing. So I've decided not to come.
Thanks anyway, anybody who responded.

The site with the weather is at eclipser.ca for anyone interested.

Hope you who live in the patch will enjoy a great eclips, and remember to use eclips glasses to look at the sun.

Stardust

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.27s