View recent posts | Search | Navigate:
Forums > Shanghai 2010 - World Expo > Titleist AP1 712 Irons are great to me

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Titleist AP1 712 Irons are great to me
Posted by: Golfonlineau (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2013 11:02PM
I was on the hunt for a new set of Irons so went to the pro shop to try a few. Never gave Titleist a though until I tried them against some of the discount golf clubs I was keen on. The 712 AP1 with improved feel, forgiveness, looks (thin top line, more "traditional" looks, etc.) are great to me.

The 712 including titleist ap2 712 and ap1 is supposed to have a more durable sole and it's supposed to launch a little higher on the longer irons. They are both really nice to hit. I liked the pro model better but after hitting a few of centre I thought the non pro was the go for me. Well thats when the new contender come along.

Visually, I do like the 712 more because it's a little bit more refined on the topline, but that's personal opinion. I have to say that sound was one of the things that made me really like these irons. The titleist ap1 712 irons have a slightly different sound at impact then the 710 model. It seems with premium irons (in the same class) there is so little difference between them you have to start nit picking them to find the ones you really like.

The long irons are easier to hit, which could help improve your game, which would lower your handicap. On the flip side, the MB 712 Irons for sale are still a great set of clubs. They're still forgiving, have a great feel, looks, etc. By successfully integrating new materials in a new dual cavity, multi-component construction, Titleist not only launched an iron that delivered modern performance and playability, but one that would also satisfy the sensibilities of even the most ardent iron traditionalist.

When the clubhead is more stable, off-center hits still fly relatively straight and far. However, perimeter-weighted irons had an intrinsic drawback. In order to redistribute enough weight to exact a measurable performance advantage, the clubhead shape had to change.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Phorum
YPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//"> Titleist AP1 712 Irons are great to me - Titleist AP1 712 Irons are great to me
page served in 0.051s