The position : English teacher
- Generally teaching loads range from 18 to 22 teaching periods of 45minutes of instruction per week.
- About 2 times English-corners on campus per week.
- In The emphasis of teaching is on "conversational English" and North American culture. Many teachers may teach English composition, reading and American literature as well.
- Some teachers may also teach courses in subject field such as music, history, geography, or science courses in some international schools.
- As with positions in the states, teachers are expected to write lesson plans, take attendance, correct homework and even assist in academic counseling if necessary.
- Native-fluency in English
- Born and living in USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, BRITAIN, NEW ZEALAND
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- One year commitment is the best choice
- Baccalaureate degree or above(obtained before departure)
- TESOL/TEFL certificate (preferable but not mandatory)
- Teaching experience (preferable but not mandatory)
Salary and Benefits
Benefits of one year teaching contract of teaching in China include:
- You are a cultural and education expert, receive the great respect, living at a higher standard
- Monthly salary from 3,000 Chinese Yuan and up
- Round-trip or one-way international airfare upon completion of 6-month or one year teaching contract
- Travel stipend(round 2,200 Chinese yuan) each year for travel in China
- The summer vacation salary equals to a normal month salary while winter vacation salary 2/3 of one-month salary.
- Free medical care in China
- Free accommodation (fully furnished one or two bedroom apartment with A/C, TV, etc.)
The school: TOSIC
TOSIC International Education Service Canada Inc.
TOSIC International Education Service Canada Inc. was set up by local education experts, Chinese immigrants that held posts for many years in China Education Ministry and educational institutions, specialized in international education interchange. The aim of our group is to incorporate the strong points of culture and education between east and west and promote the integration and development that world educated. The business of TOSIC sets foot in: teacher's recruitment and exchange, teaching study and exchange , interschool exchange, run Chinese and English international schools, international foreign student services and an international student summer camp.
Web : www.careerinchina.ca