Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Re: Some discussions removed
Posted by: Edi2009 (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2009 01:39AM
im glad you removed these threads. no politics here please. This is a free forum but doesnt mean you're free to disrespect others values and beliefs

Posted by: Currant.H (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2009 09:17AM
Tit for tat is fair play O_O

Posted by: Robychina (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2009 04:00AM
wowww

Posted by: Nightwalker009 (IP Logged)
Date: January 02, 2010 10:40AM
Edi2009 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im glad you removed these threads. no politics
> here please. This is a free forum but doesnt mean
> you're free to disrespect others values and
> beliefs

that's quite right...respect others means respect yourself-from chinese old saying.

Posted by: Dannyzl (IP Logged)
Date: January 25, 2010 10:36PM
Dear Olive,
I have a question,is this forum belong to china?

Posted by: Olive (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2010 01:42AM
Quote:
Dear Olive, I have a question, is this forum belong to China?
No, to me only, and the servers are in France.

Posted by: Vivianwu (IP Logged)
Date: April 14, 2010 12:11AM
[sup]that's very usual in a forum discussion...but anyway nonsense

Posted by: Lawyerbrenna (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2010 10:24AM
happy to know a peaceful way for discussion!

CENSORSHIP..FILTERING...FREE SPEECH
Posted by: Geroid (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2010 07:39AM
Olive why do you censor or remove certain materials it is non democratic. If china and forums such as this one is to be free and radical, then everything must be allowed be said. France is a leader of revolution and free speech. Less censorship means more interesting topics, taboo or not.

Re: CENSORSHIP..FILTERING...FREE SPEECH
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2010 08:48AM
This is not a public space. It's a privately owned website. If you came to my home and insisted you should be allowed to say anything you want no matter how racist, rude or insane, I would kick you out. This website deletes some things that are posted to get people angry or some things that might cause problems for the website, if they didnt' do this they might not stay in business for long.

I'm amazed just how much they let be said here to be honest...

Date: September 08, 2010 08:51AM
Dear Geroid,
It's very hard to moderate a forum. I don't want to let few aggressive people put mess on the forum. And when a non agressive message brings a lot of aggressive answers, I'll delete everything.
My version of freedom of speech : You can not say everything on any forum, but you are free to open your own forum to say it.

Posted by: Astroboy (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2010 11:16AM
Geroid, u should feel privileged in some ways as Olive is only human and very European at that. If he has erred, it would usually be the case of being biased against Chinese. But I do appreciate the fact that this forum exists for us to let off steam.

On another note, his English could be better. "I don't want to let few aggressive people put mess on the forum" is grammatically incorrect.

Posted by: Canuck (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2010 11:52AM
there is censorship everywhere, even here in North America...

Date: September 08, 2010 11:56AM
Quote:
Uberche: I'm amazed just how much they let be said here to be honest...
I know... you probably noticed that few moderation has been made those days; that's because I was too busy to get on internet. And there are no "they", only me is moderating the forum.
If anyone find some unsuitable messages please use the "Report This Message" link; it makes the administration easier.
Quote:
Astroboy: Olive is only human and very European at that.
Yes, my biggest goal is not to let the forum become as unpolite, aggressive, xenophobic, nationalistic, etc... as forums like bbs.xineurope.com, tianya.cn, KDS, mop, etc...

start your own olive
Posted by: Geroid (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2010 07:08PM
Olive on my last post which you removed you suggested i start my own forum. I will take your advice but any pointers on how to start. I now see what you are about and appreciate if you are the website person how it should be maintained, this type of forum is quiet unique and should be duplicated not as cometion but as a global social idea. you have my e mail and if adverts are acceptable then maybe i can place adverts here in the future. I hope to continue to contribute to the forum and you have some great birds on the wire(ASTRO AND UBER) who know the scre play the rules but get good fun out of the forum. I am glad i came across it./

Re: start your own olive
Date: September 08, 2010 08:29PM
Quote:
Geroid: Olive on my last post which you removed you suggested i start my own forum.
I did not remove it, just merged your thread with this one : Some discussions removed as the two subjects are very similar.
Now I realise the misunderstanding as I don't think I deleted any of your previous threads, but only moved them to more appropriate sub-forums, sometimes rewriting the title. Example of threads you started:
- Friendships (that last) in Chinese culture (moved to Chinese culture forum)
- At what stage in Chinese education are students introduced to Algebra? (moved to Chinese culture forum)
- What is the typical Chinese breakfast? (moved to Chinese culture forum)
- Patience in Chinese culture (moved to Chinese culture forum)
Your messages were not concern by the "aggressive ban"...

Re: start your own olive
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: September 08, 2010 09:29PM
If you do want to start a forum you need to either find a free host or rent a server from a company, get forum software and put it on the server. Then you need to grow it. That's the hard part.

Posted by: Lynn.Li (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2010 11:55PM
I think living in peace together is the biggest dream for every human and worth our fightting for it. Just like John Lennon once sang in his songs. But his murdered , kinda ironic. But don't stop believing that we can realize it someday.
Maybe the world is never in need of a leader.

Posted by: Rainsrequiem (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2010 11:40AM
I think every country has it's own Pros and Cons. You can't compare bananas with apples now can you? We should all work towards accepting and appreciating the differences. We might learn from each other if we set aside the pride nonsense. ^_^

Posted by: Zatalim2323 (IP Logged)
Date: February 25, 2011 06:20PM
yeahsmiling smiley thx u smiling smiley

Posted by: Clevermae1 (IP Logged)
Date: March 07, 2011 07:11PM
FYI: In some way! America is still the center of everything... Don't make your own pace to declare that you are one of the greatest because above all, we are just under with the american association. In fact, there english language are our main language to understood each other so don't claim on anything!

Posted by: Lxzwhu (IP Logged)
Date: March 30, 2011 02:23AM
although i am chinese,but i want to be free

Posted by: Bowyia (IP Logged)
Date: May 02, 2011 11:12PM
I think you made the right decision to remove those discussions, let's keep this forum a peaceful place for everyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 12:34PM by Bowyia.

Posted by: Jasmine9899 (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2011 10:12PM
I want to learn chinese and want to makefiend with every body.

Posted by: Jasmine9899 (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2011 10:13PM
Each of you had your own unique experience in China trip.

Posted by: Jackytan (IP Logged)
Date: May 05, 2011 07:01AM
hi every one here
i am just a new comer for this forum, it is very interesting post, sorry i got to go i will be back later

Posted by: Douglasboyer (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2011 10:30AM
what's the reason why some posts are removed? sorry. i'm still new here.

Posted by: Majormarine (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2011 03:03PM
Censoring is a slippery slope that almost always sends everyone off the cliff. All speech even hateful or bigoted should be protected. Just ignore the ignorance and rejoice in the freedom of speech.

Posted by: Ladyferret (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2011 03:16PM
If your post does not show up you can assume that someone does not like what you wrote. Question is who making that decision and why. Political correctness gone awry. I would hope that if your post is removed that an email explaining why would be forthcoming.

Posted by: Kennethcook (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2011 08:10PM
so in short, we should really be careful in what we post so as to prevent the removal of some posts.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.861s