Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
China Earthquake May 12, 2008
Posted by: chinese hero (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2008 02:58PM
I would like to send my condolences to all the victims and their families and in turn to all the Chinese people.
Stay focused and don't loose track of yourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 07:30PM by Olive.

Re: China Earthquake May 12, 2008
Posted by: Yarik (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2008 01:57AM
ohoh, today morning TV news told near 10.000 die and many not found. I want join to chinese hero and I too would like to send my condolences to all the victims and their families. Misfortune came to China hoh,,, also this train month ago...
I hope all will fine in futur !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 02:00AM by Yarik.

Posted by: Li1121 (IP Logged)
Date: May 13, 2008 07:06PM
I live in Shanghai and distinctly felt it. It saddens me to see and hear of this type of thing. If everybody could, visit www.one-foundation.com for ways to help out the devastation recovery.

Posted by: kuen (IP Logged)
Date: May 14, 2008 05:13AM
There are full of sad things this year,especially this earthquake,it shows that human being is so weak,i know man should protect environment and don't make Nature anger.certainly,the main reason of earthquake is perhaps not this.

Posted by: Tiber (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2008 05:23AM
Its a real tragedy, 50'000 are the estimates of those to be dead by the end of the catastrophe. What a waste of live and potential.

Posted by: thesomethingpicasso (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2008 07:12PM
I am beside myself, these figures are insane and I feel so sympathetic towards the people who lost loved ones...

Earthquake Relief « Time is life » 时间就是生命
Posted by: vivian_wang_wei (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2008 10:29PM
Earthquake Relief « Time is life » 时间就是生命

The death toll from the 7.8-magnitude earthquake in southwest China’s Sichuan Province rose to 22,069 nationwide as of 2 p.m. Friday, while 168,669 people were injured, according to the emergency response office of the State Council.

一方有难, 八方支援。 (yī-fāng yǒu nán, bā-fāng zhīyuán.) When disaster strikes, help comes from all sides.

The Chinese saying “When disaster strikes, help comes from all sides” ( Disaster at one direction and support from eight directions) is holding true as Chinese people across the world come together to provide relief for the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that struck Sichuan Province this week. The central government allocated another 1.17 billion yuan ($167 million) to the relief fund for quake-hit areas on Friday. This brought the disaster relief fund from the central budget to 3.41 billion yuan. Public donations in both cash and goods to the quake-hit areas rose to 3.175 billion yuan as of 4 pm Friday, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs.

时间就是生命。 (Shíjiān jiùshì shēngmìng.) Time is life.

”Time is life,” Premier Wen Jiabao urged rescuers. China’s central government has ordered to mobilize 50 more military helicopters to airlift the critically injured residents from the mountain-logged rural areas, also epicenter of the killer earthquake which struck southwestern Sichuan Province on Monday. The newest death toll has risen to 14,866 people, and the situation is getting urgent and grim to save more trapped alive under the debris, as the time since the earthquake ticks towards 72 hours.

地震 dìzhèn, earthquake

A major earthquake measuring 7.8 on the Richter scale jolted Wenchuan County of southwest China’s Sichuan Province at 2:28 pm Monday, May 12. The epicenter of the quake was located 31.0 degrees north latitude and 103.4 degrees east longitude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 11:03PM by Olive.

Posted by: jerminix (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2008 11:47PM
It is a very sad disaster for Chinese, these calamites are very alarming if we dont prepare ourselves, there is this incident also in Burma where thousands of people died.. it is very sad.. We must pray for the victims and their families that they can recover the incident..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2008 02:58AM by Olive.

Wen Chuan Earthquake
Posted by: Frichol (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2008 05:23AM
Friends from all over the world, I don't know what to say here with you, just... want to cry, for the dead with the earthquake, for the orphans and would-be orphans with the earthquake, for the loving feeling and actions and behaviours showed by our Chinese people, for the touching rescuing scenes, for our premier Wen Jiabao's care for the suffering people...
Friends, show your love, show your love...

Posted by: Vivek (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 03:45PM
I am deeply saddened by the loss of life due to the earthquake in China. May their souls rest in peace. Survivors need urgent medical attention, food, clothing, shelter etc. We need to help the survivors in every possible way.

Posted by: Gloria123 (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2008 03:41AM
It's a huge disaster for both chinese and the rest world. Admire the performance of the chinese government and people. Express my condolences to the victims!

Date: June 12, 2008 04:31AM
For all countries in hardship following disasters: China, Burma, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, and other african countries ruined by corruption and war.

Date: June 12, 2008 10:32AM
You think world climate change to blame in all disasters?

Date: June 12, 2008 11:01AM
Climate change would not result in an earth quake, that is because of the movement of tectonic plates. The cyclone in burma might have been because of global warming. The droughts at the moment and the large flooding are caused by global warming.

Zimbabwe is because of Mugabe, he is a very evil man. Who should be assasinated really.

But the Earthquake in china was caused by a large slip in the tectonic plates. I'm not sure wher ethe epicentre is, but that is where the slip in the plates happened.

And the quake caused the after shocks.

Re: Wen Chuan Earthquake
Posted by: chinese hero (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2008 06:59AM
Tiber,assasination is not the answer,the man is one of the few most educated presidents in the world,he's got 15 degrees very much possibly in different disciplines,there must be something going behind him and the westerners of which may be can't be brought out on the media.remember what he was saying with Mr Blair;

The man:are there any Zimbabweans that own land in Britain?
Blair:No!
The Man:Then you rule your Britain and i will rule my Zimbabwe.
It was something like that.

Date: June 13, 2008 12:40PM
Actually there are Zimbabweans that own houses and have jobs in Great Britain. Mugabe is an evil dictator, his country has an inflation of 3000000% and he is bullying his opponents and rigging the vote.

Also if he carries on ruling Zimbabwe, there will be more death and no improvement to the peoples lifes. The people want the opposition party in power. How can you stand for such a terrible dictator who has brought death to his country.

For such a smart man, he is evil and it doesn't matter how educated you are as a president if he is that evil and twisted. I hate seeing much of africa in the hands of such corrupted men. It saddens me that a continent with such rich resources is so poor, because of men like Mugabe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 12:42PM by Tiber.

Date: June 14, 2008 04:10AM
hey men dont forget this post name China Earthquake May 12, 2008
for a dispute about policy Forum have other posts

Date: June 14, 2008 08:30AM
Yeh, that is why i started up the zimbabwe topic, to remove it from this topic of mourning.

Word from the webmaster
I've just deleted the Zimbabwe topic before reading this message. Anyway, if you want to discuss about Zimbabwe, the best would be for those interrested to do it by email, or on a "Zimbabwe Club" or any foreign politics forum...
Thanks for your comprehension, Olive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2008 11:08AM by Olive.

Posted by: Tony0930 (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2008 11:31PM
I was shocked when I heard the earthquake happened in china.many people died and hurt.A lot became homeless.Here I want to give my pray to them,and hope they can quickly recover from it.May them good luck.

Posted by: Xxixbeijingolympicsdotcom (IP Logged)
Date: July 27, 2008 02:55AM
damn i bet that sucked... what happened to the fish markets

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.273s