Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Traditional chinese charaters stroke order?
Posted by: Asuna-chan (IP Logged)
Date: September 15, 2007 08:11PM
Hello,

I want to learn traditional chinese characters.
I need a website where I can learn the order of strokes. I know www.zhongwen.com, but they only show the simplified one.

Does anyone know any good website to learn the order of strokes?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 06:49PM by Asuna-chan.

Re: traditional chinese charaters
Posted by: Ken Fu (IP Logged)
Date: September 15, 2007 09:17PM
hello,r you from Chile?my msn:fuhaode@hotmail.com,talk about stroke online,ok?

Re: traditional chinese charaters
Posted by: ez (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2007 05:12AM
Hi Asuna-chan...smiling smiley

Until you find that website, always remember, top-to-bottom and left-to-right.

Always imagine yourself writing in a box divided in to four equal sections (2 x 2) or nine equal sections (3 x 3) so that your traditional characters are balanced. There is paper that you can buy for this but don't know if you can find it.

ez spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Traditional chinese charaters stroke order?
Posted by: lilongyue (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2007 07:34AM
Check out The Far East Book Company. They have an english website. You can order from them. A great dictionary which also shows stroke order is the 3000 Chinese Character Dictionary. You can also check out Wenlin. It's a software dictionary.

Posted by: sina.lol (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2007 08:22AM
it co0l

Date: September 17, 2007 06:32PM
Hey, it's me again...winking smiley

Try this site for now if you haven't already seen it>>[writeinchinese.com]. I remember some one here had it in their signature. They do simplified, but many traditional characters are still used. So check em out.

And there are two books by Rita Mei-Wah Choy. 1)Read and Write Chinese. It's a guide that shows how to write 3,210 traditional chinese characters. 2) Understanding Chinese. It also shows how to write traditional chinese characters and gives example compounds for each character. Both give Yale Cantonese and Pinyin Mandarin. Both are published by China West Books, P.O. Box 2804, San Francisco, CA 94015. Check em out online.

...ez.

Posted by: Asuna-chan (IP Logged)
Date: September 18, 2007 01:55AM
thank u =)

Date: September 19, 2007 07:10PM
Ok, I found two sites that are much better than the first one I mentioned above. So forget about that one. Move on to these two.

Both are freesmiling smiley to download on to your computer:

1) >>Learn to Write Characters<<. This is for a beginning Chinese class at California State University, Long Beach. Shows stroke order for both traditional and simplified characters, but does not display meaning, nor any associated compounds. Very limited amount of characters. Online site works.

2) thumbs up>>>>>eStroke v1.25<<<<<. This is an excellent little program you must download to work. Has an incredibly large database of characters (all that you need), shows stroke order for both traditional and simplified characters, shows stroke order for one character or a string of characters, displays their meaning and useful compounds, pronounces the characters (but this needs improving), and other custom features. I think you need 55MB hard drive space.

With these two programs, you have everything and are ready to practice writing Chinese characters correctly!
...ezspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: arifshaffi (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2007 03:04AM
How do u write

THANK YOU CHINA

in Traditional Chinese Characters
Please help

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.345s