Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
I found something more amazing about Zodiac in Mysterious Oriental Meaning....
Posted by: 524040boy (IP Logged)
Date: November 06, 2009 04:38AM
Lately I read a legend about Chinese zodiac signs. I dunno if anyone here knows about these signs, bug anyway, the story is attracting me. I wanna share the legend with you.smileys with beer
In Chinese myth, the world has 3 layers, the heaven in the sky, the human world on the ground, and the hell underground. If a dead has done a lot of good deeds before he dies, his soul may go to the heaven, and may become one of the gods or fairies in the heaven. But a bad guy such as a murderer or something, may go to the hell to suffer from a lot of punishments. Anyway, this was not so important, some of you may already know it. The legend of the zodiac sign is:
One day, the jade emperor who’s the king of the heaven’s palace, is going to celebrate his birthday. He gave an order to all animals to greet him in the coming birthday. And he wanted to appoint the 12 earliest comers to be the guards of the path between the human world and the heaven.
At that time, the cat and the mouse are neighbors. The cat was always sleepy and waked up very late, so when they heard the order, the cat asked the mouse to call him up at the jade emperor’s birthday. The mouse complied. But he didn’t keep his promise in that morning coz he didn’t want himself to be out of the 12 earliest.
However, there’s a wide river on his way. He couldn’t do anything to cross the river but only to wait for others to give him a ride. And then the ox came. The mouse asked for help and promised to let ox to be the 1st one when they reach the palace. You know ox is very kind and has no bad idea. So he gave the mouse a ride to cross the river and finally reached heaven’s palace. At that moment, the mouse didn’t anyone’s help anymore, so he didn’t keep his promise again. He ran very fast to the emperor and got the 1st. This is why a little mouse could be the 1st in a race. And after that, the cat began to hate the mouse coz he was sleeping till the birthday party was over. He swore to kill the mouse, and the chasing lasted till today.
This is only the story about the mouse, actually there’s more but it’s too long to be posted here. I don’t know if anyone here likes this story but I do like it.
I’m crazy for it and I searched everything about zodiac animals, stories, Chinese horoscope, Zodiac Online game and much more. I hope to find someone who’s crazy for zodiac signs just like me.

Re: I found something more amazing about Zodiac in Mysterious Oriental Meaning....
Posted by: Elfring (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2009 03:44AM
That zodiac online game i heard of it. seems like they are doing the Beta test server right now. got a code from their forum.

12 zodiac animals for you to choose, kinda cute.the finger smiley

Re: I found something more amazing about Zodiac in Mysterious Oriental Meaning....
Posted by: Herohelps (IP Logged)
Date: December 01, 2009 09:42PM
I like too but not crazy for zodiac signs.

Posted by: Lplate (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2009 03:27PM
i was studying the zodiac sign recently, the discription about my sign is quiet true about my personality, but if i use that to stero type people, that would be unfair.

i use that for fun!

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.064s