Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Do they take bribe in China?
Posted by: Akhtersito (IP Logged)
Date: February 12, 2010 08:29PM
It is a common practice in a lot of countries , especially Asian countries where government employees take bribe from people for the service(s) they provide. In most of the cases the services are the citizens right but the corrupt govt. employees (that are paid to do their jobs)demand upfront money. I was wondering if the same practice is common in China as well.

Re: Do they take bribe in China?
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: February 12, 2010 10:46PM
Yeah, it's common here as well.

Posted by: Canuck (IP Logged)
Date: February 14, 2010 05:08AM
you know, i am not kidding, a local police chief can make more than president of United State and Prime Minister of Canada all together in a year...

Posted by: Zeety (IP Logged)
Date: February 17, 2010 10:11PM
Yeah I think its common to Asian countries and other poor countries as well.

Posted by: Eternity92 (IP Logged)
Date: February 24, 2010 09:14PM
Bribe is common everywhere, but in china due to the very strict rules, they have to be very careful, but they still take bribe sometime. One of my teachers would take bribe, but the university found out and he got fired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2010 09:48PM by Eternity92.

Posted by: Eternity92 (IP Logged)
Date: February 24, 2010 09:18PM
Mostly they don't take bribe in cash but in the form of a gift, in case of small bribe its better to give them a bottle of Whisky or a 10 packets pack of their favorite cigarette.

Date: February 25, 2010 01:35AM
Depends on how high they are. Those higher up in China don't need to be careful and happily take cash. Teachers mostly get gifts from what I've heard.

Posted by: Astroboy (IP Logged)
Date: February 25, 2010 04:51AM
I hear doctors take bribe too. If you pay, you get priority. If not, you wait your turn. When in pain, you have no choice.

Date: February 25, 2010 11:13AM
Yeah, pretty messed up but such is life I guess. My girlfriend's Aunt is a doctor so I get in fast all the time.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.045s