Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Can we say we know Chinese culture?
Posted by: Lloyd Lee (IP Logged)
Date: November 30, 2007 10:02PM
The real Chinese culture are mainly beared by the traditional Chinese bookman we called XiuCai and such like. you must ever heard of their talent,they can write good font with brush pen,they can compose excellent essay in traditional style and words, also, they can some or all the traditional skills such as poetize,speech.however,today's Chinese students are fall away from this including me which made me sad as a people bearing my ideal and pursuing to develop myself.maybe it is the time to make up.

Re: Can we say we know Chinese culture?
Posted by: Chen.Lin (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2008 10:29AM
no u didnt catch it.
now chinese cultures are too complex
no one can say he know chinese culture in some field.

china is so big that the cultures in diferent places are far from same

and its hard to explain it. i cant say i know it .
just i know some about it .

and nowadays the meaning of chinese cultures are very diferent from bofore

Posted by: Perulag (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2008 04:15PM
For ultramar chinese descendants the chinese culture is a mistery. Some, as mi experience -I am jornalist- know some aspects, but not all. What is the chinese culture? Who says what is?. Is there a ancient culture and a moderne chinese culture?. Please answer this questions.

Posted by: Mike.Guo (IP Logged)
Date: July 01, 2008 12:13AM
Although as a Chinese boy,I can't say I know Chinese culture...Because it's so complex. And I bet no one can say that...

Posted by: Yarik (IP Logged)
Date: July 01, 2008 03:06AM
No one can know all. Chinese culture and traditions very interesting but for understand and can explain all nuances in chinese culture, we need many learn history, many travel in different chinese land and many contacts with chinese peoples. I dont know also perhaps you need live in China all your life. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2008 07:45AM by Yarik.

Posted by: Tony0930 (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2008 11:59PM
It's large,and have many nationalities.so it is hard for anybody to really know it.

Posted by: E8l (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2008 03:56AM
Do you know American culture even if you're an American? Most Americans probably breifly know most of it. But hey Miss Teen Carolina coudn't even answer why so many Americans can't point where America is on the map. Who knows maybe many Chinese people can't point out where their Zhongguo (middle country) is, and point that the middle of the world map because of the name.

Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2008 12:36AM
Anyone can know any culture if they study enough and travel long enough.... Chinese culture isn't any more mysterious or complex than Western Culture. In the west different areas have very different ways and very few people understand all of western culture, but if someone really wants to study it a lot and go to live among all the different types of people it's not that hard to learn any culture.

Posted by: Ltltalex73gtgt (IP Logged)
Date: January 09, 2009 08:14AM
A definition of the use of the word CULTURE.------
* The tastes in art and manners that are favored by a social group.
* Acculturation: all the knowledge and values shared by a society.
* (biology) The growing of microorganisms in a nutrient medium (such as gelatin or agar); "the culture of cells in a Petri dish".
* Polish: a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality; "they performed with great polish"; "I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose"; "almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad
* The attitudes and behavior that are characteristic of a particular social group or organization; "the developing drug culture"; "the reason that the agency is doomed to inaction has something to do with the FBI culture"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Posted by: Csk001 (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2009 01:52AM
Hi,

Thanks very much for such a wonderful stuff. I'm a big fan of Chinese culture and the martial arts. I'm a new one in this. Please keep updating me on this.

CSK

Online Dating

Posted by: Elita (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2009 01:46AM
many people can only see the the presentation of one culture, they can discuss a certain art with you. But to really know it, need more background knowledge.

and for many Chinese, especailly the young, they are effected a lot by western culture. that is to say, on one side, they have to stick to be a proud Chinese, on the other side, they try to make themselve more international. so do China itself.

Posted by: E8l (IP Logged)
Date: January 13, 2009 03:56AM
Elita Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> many people can only see the the presentation of
> one culture, they can discuss a certain art with
> you. But to really know it, need more background
> knowledge.
>
> and for many Chinese, especailly the young, they
> are effected a lot by western culture. that is to
> say, on one side, they have to stick to be a proud
> Chinese, on the other side, they try to make
> themselve more international. so do China itself.

We are a new generation that is meant to be more international. Its not a bad thing at all. Just look at Hong Kong the most international Chinese city! That westernized modern little city is still very Chinese with tons of Chinese culture! In fact Hong Kong media has the most influence in terms of Chinese media, especially their TV series and Movies.

Overseas Chinese all over south east asia still hold a lot of Chinese culture. In fact they blend their cultures with their environment really nicely. Speaking of blending the Chinese sure blended quite well in the US/Canada with Chinese fast food and their Fortune Cookies. Its funny to see Chinese from China come to Canada and have no idea what a fortune cookie is.

Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: January 14, 2009 03:25AM
I miss fortune cookies. I tell my students about them and they all find it strange that they are such a big part of Chinese food in Canada...

Posted by: Onthink (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2009 01:13AM
Chinese educcation should pay more attention to ancient Chinese culture, or else, it will be a great loss.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.076s