Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Looking for English dubbed of « Romance of the Three Kingdoms »
Posted by: Huadong (IP Logged)
Date: August 19, 2008 11:25PM
Have anyone heard of an english dubbed version of the film based on 三国演义 (sān guó yǎn yì)? Where could i get one?
Also, i heard that John Woo's film « Red Cliff » is loosely based on the Three Kingdoms. Has anyone seen this film?
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 10:59PM by Olive.

Re: Looking for English dubbed of « Romance of the Three Kingdoms »
Posted by: Pieter (IP Logged)
Date: October 14, 2008 01:28PM
Quote:
I've heard that the film "Red Cliff" is loosely based on teh Three Kingdoms.
It's based on one of the events in the Three Kingdoms. I have the movie, but haven't seen it yet. I will inform you as soon as I have.

If you are interested in the whole story, there's a wonderfull 84-episode TV-serie about it. There are also TV-series about Guan Yu and Cao Cao, but as far as I know only subtitled.

Pieter, Schoonoord, The Netherlands

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 10:59PM by Olive.

Re: Looking for English dubbed of « Romance of the Three Kingdoms »
Posted by: Pieter (IP Logged)
Date: October 21, 2008 03:40AM
(English is not my native language, so I have difficulties with expressing myself)
If you like the novel 'Three Kingdoms' I can't recommend "Red Cliff".
It starts nicely, but it gets less and less and ends before the battle at Red Cliff takes place. (It's said that part two is in pre-production)
The whole film looks like a compilation of nice camerawork. The story is very weak and the leading roles don't show any character.

"Resurrection of the Dragon" has little to do with the "The Kingdoms" but is more entertaining.
"Generation Pendragon" also loosely based on the "Three Kingdoms" is cheaply made, but very entertaining.

I should say buy the series (info at HKCM). Before you watch one or two episodes, read a few chapters of the book (Online edition)and enjoy it.

Pieter, Schoonoord, The Netherlands

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 2.824s