Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Chinese explorer could have discovered America in 260 BC
Posted by: Que.42.9 (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2009 09:22AM
I saw this thing saying that the ancient Chinese could have come to the Americas before the Europeans,in the year 260 bc. Its even thought that they influenced the Mighty Mayans and the Glorious Aztecs in their designs for temples!
smiling bouncing smiley

What do you think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2009 06:13AM by Olive.

Re: Chinese explorer could have discovered America in 260 BC
Posted by: Mod1984 (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2009 05:45AM
Provide proof, then people will believe.

Posted by: demoore (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2009 06:16AM
Quote:
Mod1984: Provide proof, then people will believe.
Que.42.9 provided an irrefutable proof: smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 30, 2009 09:15AM
Well, archeologists discovered a bronze arrow head in Mexico. The incriptions on it were said to be Asian. They also found what looked like a statue of a Chinese spirit, or god.

Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: February 03, 2009 02:11PM
I see no reason not to believe it. Columbus long ago lost that crown as the Vikings were known to have been here long before him.

Although I do think it's funny we always talk about who discovered America... The Indians discovered American, of course they came from Asia anyway so I guess regardless the Asians originally discovered America.

Posted by: Moroes (IP Logged)
Date: February 04, 2009 01:25AM
Just like how it is: The tyrants write the history! Columbus was the one that came over and let the Europeans took over the Americas. And that's what made history. What was written was for the European audience and now American audience in how the United States was started. Of course the red Indians that are still in there are pissed.

Date: February 12, 2009 09:25AM
The discovery of America is a well dissuced topic: it is true that the native americans discoverd it first, and i agree with that 100%. However the Chinese discovered it almost 1200 years before the vikings and almost 1600 years before Columbus! What a feat! And I watched this thing on Historia ( Québec History Channel) that at that period, the Chinese had the techonolgy to cross oceans, though they lost some of that knoweldge when the Han empire fell sad smiley but regained it in the 900`s smiling smiley!

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.048s