Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
How do Chinese movies portray other countries?
Posted by: Lordarithon (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2009 06:23PM
I wonder. How do Chinese movies portray other countries?? I got into a discussion with my wife about movies and how closed off the US is from the rest of the world when it comes to movies and such. Now she mentioned that in many Chinese movies they make fun of people from other countries. Like for instance there have been many movies where they made fun of people from the US.

Now I never heard of this before, and she might be telling me this just cuz she thinks it's funny to tell me this, or just because it's true. But I must admit I never heard of this before...so tell me. Do they really make fun of people from the US, UK, and other assorted places throughout Europe??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 01:02AM by Olive.

Re: How do Chinese movies portray other countries?
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: March 18, 2009 12:50AM
Yeah, Chinese movies and tv shows generally are much the same as the USA's, Chinese are the heroes, foreigners are the bad guys or foolish.. From what I've seen there is very little difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 01:03AM by Olive.

Re: How do Chinese movies portray other countries?
Posted by: Lordarithon (IP Logged)
Date: March 18, 2009 01:41AM
LOL ok cool, she made it seem like it was more heroic from the Chinese stand point, and much different in the way that they make fun of Western people.

This is funny. OK thanks for the added ammo lol.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.045s