Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Help with Chinese Image to Text
Posted by: Pakku (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2011 01:07PM
I was hoping someone could transcribe the text in this image to copy/pastable Chinese characters. I need the full text. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Help with Chinese Image to Text
Posted by: Tfmak (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2011 07:22PM
非洲海底泥嚟㗎!好貴㗎!

there it is smiling smiley

嚟 & 㗎 were hard to find

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 05:04AM by Tfmak.

Date: April 19, 2011 10:11AM
Perfect Thanks! I appreciate your help so much!! Even with the actual text I still don't understand its meaning lol Searching with it does nothing either. The word "mask" is not even in the text ... so confusing. Oh well. Thanks anyways!

Posted by: Tfmak (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2011 11:26AM
it seems to be cantonese (㗎), it is prononced "ga"(which is not mandarin at all) i couldn't write it mylself, i had to look for it on the net and that's where i find out that it was cantonese. yet it's probably the most meaningless character of the sentence. problem is I don't know how to translate cantonese. but as it looks similar to mandarin enough
we have something like : "africa(非洲) sea floor(海底) mud/soil/mire/clay/plaster(泥)(嚟㗎)! it's expensive(好貴)(㗎)!

here is the beast : [www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk]

i also don't know where the mask come from 。。。

if you have the whole picture maybe you'll understand better.

however i fond this there:

Word : 嚟㗎
jyutping(Cantonese pronunciation) : lai4 gaa3
pinyin(mandarin p.) : (none)
Meaning : (粵) final modal particle to strengthen an assertion or question

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 11:42AM by Tfmak.

Posted by: domanlai (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2011 09:11AM
I think it's a cosmetics product.
海底泥 must be read together : this is a sea mud facial mask

Yes 嚟㗎 is a final particle in Cantonese to strengthen the meaning. Like here just with this particle, no need to have a full constructed sentence and you know that this product is something special.

You can translate something like :

Wouah, a (African) sea mud mask, that must be really expensive !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 03:37PM by domanlai.

Date: April 20, 2011 02:03PM
Thank you both for all your help. Yes, I've been confused by the meaning and thought it required some understanding of Cantonese to make sense. I have always understood "面膜" to mean "facial mask" so the translation was a bit off for me. I thought perhaps there was another work for "facial mask" instead of "面膜" in Cantonese I was unaware of. Is there?

Posted by: domanlai (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2011 02:59PM
I think this is implied 海底泥面膜. Those are new words ! If you are not familiar with them you don't understand, if so, you catch the meaning anyway.

In Cantonese, you may have some vocabulary specificities and / or some sentence structure specificities. Here the vocab is common (just Chinese) but the sentence structure is really Cantonese. The final particles are top important in Cantonese (more than in Mandarin, I believe) and it should be reverted in the translation in some way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 03:00PM by domanlai.

Posted by: Yiwualibaba (IP Logged)
Date: April 23, 2011 08:46AM
the words are not clear ???

Posted by: Feki (IP Logged)
Date: November 19, 2013 02:40PM
Dear friends,

could you, please, help me rewrite or even better help me with translation of the material of which was it produced?

Thank you very much!!

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 1.862s