Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Help needed with translations,please.
Posted by: Vespalaney (IP Logged)
Date: May 07, 2012 07:48PM
Hello there,could anybody help with translation on these marks? Are they Chinese? Any help would be much appreciated....smiling smiley
Wasnt sure which is correct way round so posted 2 pictures of each.confused smiley
Thank you in advance

Re: Help needed with translations,please.
Posted by: Eqxt (IP Logged)
Date: May 07, 2012 10:43PM
They are written in traditional Chinese and I cannot read them. We use simplified Chinese. Sorry cannot help.

Date: May 08, 2012 06:45AM
Thank you for your reply, at least I now know it is Chinese.
Any idea where or who could translate them?

Date: May 08, 2012 09:41AM
I guess it is Chinese. But it could be non-Chinese pictographic language. Where did you get this and why are you interested in such very unusual marks? Are you studying ancient literature or something like that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 09:59AM by Eqxt.

Date: May 08, 2012 09:53AM
No, I inherited 2 bronze censers and I love them, just wanted to get some history on them and thought I would start with trying to translate the marks.But like you say they are unusual,I have searched around for a while but couldnt find anything similar then stumbled across this site and thought i would ask if they were indeed Chinese marks at all and hopefully someone could translate if they were.

Date: May 08, 2012 10:10AM
The first character in the top-left mark is 夫,meaning in ancient China "adult male".I cannot read other characters. Sorry. You need the help of an expert on ancient Chinese language.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 10:19AM by Eqxt.

Date: May 08, 2012 10:23AM
Thanks you so very much for your help. Hopefully someone else may read this thread and may be able to cast some light on what they say.
Thanks again

Date: May 08, 2012 10:49AM
So sorry, but the first character on the top-left should be "大" (big),not "夫".

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.048s