Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Transcribing Chinese record labels
Posted by: Chrisz78 (IP Logged)
Date: September 26, 2008 10:17AM
In my collection of old gramophone records, I have a couple dozen Chinese discs (mainly 1960's HK film songs, but also a few very old 78rpm discs, as well as some more recent Cantopop/Mandopop items) which I should like to include in my computer database for easier reference. Unfortunately, my Chinese reading ability is barely adequate to recognize the singers' names, so I can't just type the info into the computer - OCR doesn't work either as much of the text is calligraphy rather than regular fonts, and looking up every single character takes ages.

What I need therefore is not a translation, but rather a transcription from scans of the record labels/covers into Unicode MS-Word documents (preferably traditional characters), from where I could easily cut-and-paste the song titles, singers' and composers' names etc. into my database, or have them converted online to Pinyin if needed.

This is of course a purely non-commercial effort, so I am sorry to say I cannot pay a proper wage for the work. Maybe another "music nostalgia" enthusiast will read this and help me; I shall be happy to send e.g. CD-Rs of recordings from my collection as a recompense. Thank you!

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.17s