Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Help needed to translate Business Cards in Chinese
Posted by: Dave (IP Logged)
Date: November 05, 2008 06:15PM
Hello everyone:

I need a very special favor ... I have to do a business card for my boss ... but I’m still very new to the Chinese Mandarin and i know basic concepts, but I've managed to make the following translation:

总公司 Main Office
其他办事处 Other offices
地址 Address
电话号码 Phone
传真号码 Fax Number
网站 Website
电子邮件 E-mail
总经理 General Manager
城市 City
国家:哥伦比亚 Country: Colombia
南美洲 South America

In fact, the last word you have the experts. please, you help me if this is good or what are the best way to make a type of business card.

I have another concern that is perhaps a bit silly but I dare to do it: Usually the cities are not translated into any language is left as is the original name. I have (apparently) the names of cities in my country in Chinese, but i don't know if leaving them with the original name or translated, for example:

Bogota:波哥大
Medellin:麦德林
Cali:质量
Buenaventura:布埃纳文图拉
Cartagena:卡塔赫纳
Barranquilla:巴兰基亚
Santa Marta:圣玛尔塔
Bucaramanga:布卡拉曼加
Cucuta:库库塔

It has no meaning (I think), the translation is according to the tone of the word as 哥伦比亚 Colombia.

I would greatly appreciate your cooperation. I will Be alert in this way but my e-mail address is: jdavid.garaye@gmail.com

Thanks to all

再见!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2008 08:22PM by Olive.

Re: Help needed to translate Business Cards in Chinese
Posted by: Guo.Zhixue (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2008 09:34AM
Well, the translation is all very good, except for Cali for which the chinese translation you found means "quality" and the prononciation is not similar. Since I have never known this city ever, I suggest you translate it just according to the tone, i.e. 加利 or 凯利. As for your second question, you'd better translate the names of cities into Chinese, because most of the Chinese people do not know how to read the original names. Hope this can help you.

Posted by: Carpet (IP Logged)
Date: August 14, 2012 04:08PM
If you’ve got your own template no problem – we’ll create the Chinese side of the card and make sure it meets Chinese standards for business cards Calling Cards If you have a team of people needing Chinese cards – or even an entire delegation – we can make sure the cards are ready, hierarchies correct and in your hands ready for the visit.

Posted by: Suray (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2012 03:36AM
I think it would be better if you just keep the original English names of the cities. Coz most Chinese people are not familiar to those names, if you transliterate it, some may cause confusion like the one “质量-quality”.

Would be glad to discuss more on English Chinese translation.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.06s