Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Re: Are Chinese girls "over" friendly?
Posted by: Chi1987 (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2009 05:22AM
sometimes i think that some chinese girls are too friendly to foreigners and too curious about them,it makes them like bi*ches. i speak english and other foreign languages very well but when i meet foreigners i won't try to start a conversation with them

Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2009 11:31AM
Never found Chinese girls to be like bitches, sometimes they appear a bit easy or slutty but not really bitchy.

Posted by: Glad (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2009 01:03PM
They are just normal my friend. But for sure in China the economy is run by women ( with no offence to any chinese men) and so they are the only people who may sound friendly and you get this feeling they are overfriendly. With exception of those women who wants to get a " rich foreigner", most of the chinese women love to show the good side of their country. They go that extra mile to make sure they do anything possible to make you feel at ease. This sometimes comes from the misconception a lot of chinese women have about foreign men that they are all romantic,open and friendly, warm etc etc...

Posted by: Lordarithon (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2009 11:24PM
Well you know it was mentioned by someone that girls tell them to save their numbers in their phone and all that. What they don't understand is that its common practice between anyone in China to be that way. Its called being nice for the sake of just being nice, and if for some reason that person needed their help they would help because they offered, but they never really expect it to go beyond much more than an acquaintance type of relationship.

The reason why foreigners especially ones from the US get confused by this as flirting because girls from the US won't give a guy their number unless they became friends, were interested in a romantic type of way, work together, or are in the same work group in class. It's not just to say hey I'm just trying to be nice to make you feel more comfortable type of thing.

Date: May 17, 2009 12:31AM
Yeah the phone number thing is actually annoying I think. I end up with 200 numbers in my phone of people I have no idea who they are. sometimes I just pretend to put the number in now or I just say my phone has some problems....

Posted by: Ponpon (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2009 04:28AM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outso what a chinese girl is supposed to do if some foreigner telled her his phone number ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 04:33AM by Ponpon.

Date: May 18, 2009 04:42AM
lol@pon. delete if its not my numbersmiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2009 10:13AM
Ponpon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outso what a chinese girl is supposed to
> do if some foreigner telled her his phone number
> ??

Put it in her phone under "Don't Answer". That way she knows not to answer when he calls, unless she's looking for a booty call I guess.

Posted by: Tudyson (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2009 10:16AM
Chinese are friendly ,and the most friendly ppl in the world .we like talking with others,and we want know each other .

There is an interesting expercious to share.

Once during Canton fair ,I helped some foreigners ,at last ,they asked me "so what i can give you ,u helped us so much ."i was very surprised ,i just wanna help them ,nothing i want ,why they asked that ,i feel very sad about the question then i got away .

Date: May 18, 2009 12:28PM
Ponpon if a western guy wants to give you his number, just understand he maybe interested in you and act accordingly to it.

Tudyson, Chinese aren't the most friendly in the world. I'm sorry, I just can't agree with that statement. Especially not after I dealt with such a fake attitude from so many of them and them being so fake nice about things. Just like anywhere in the world I've only met just a small few of really genuine Chinese people, the rest of them aren't worth shit. The same goes with people from all different countries. I've never met one country full of one big bunch of genuine friendly people. When I do I'll let you know, but China is really not the most friendly place.

Now as for what you did during the canton fair. That is friendly, that is very nice. So you are one of the few, and I would say that almost anyone who is here at this forum are friendly people. Such as yourself Tudyson. But that is because if you are here it means you are open minded in the first place, which usually leads to a more friendly attitude. But that doesn't mean anything for the rest of the people where you come from. Like there is no way in hell I'd say that US people are the most friendly in the world.

If I had to speculate as to who was the most friendly, I'd speculate the most friendly are in Europe somewhere...maybe...but don't go looking to England or France...cuz they are a bunch of assholes too. I got friends in the UK, they would agree lol.

Date: May 18, 2009 01:32PM
Tudyson Wrote:
> Chinese are friendly ,and the most friendly ppl in
> the world .we like talking with others,and we want
> know each other .

And Modest right? In fact... They are the MOST modest! haha People in Busan (South Korea) were more friendly than anywhere in China. As were people in PadangBai Indonesia. Chinese are very nice but many of them need to realize they are just another group of people like all groups, no better no worse.

Posted by: Wei Minghua (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2009 04:56PM
tudyson, they wanted to give you something in return to show you they appreciated your way of acting, so eventhough you acted genuinely with them, not asking for anything in return, htey jus were pleased by your behaviour: you shouldn't have got away i think (evethough i don' t know how things happened...)

Well Lordarithon, you seem to be the first one to say: "don't put everybody from the same country into the same basket"...

but that's what you're doing actually, aren't you?

(with cheers from France, country of assholes like mesmileys with beer=

Date: May 18, 2009 05:53PM
I say don't put everyone in the same basket, but put most of them in the same basket.

Just like I'll say the French are assholes, but not all of them. Also whenever I mention the asshole qualities of the French I like to add the US and the UK in with them, just because all 3 countries seem to like to piss at each other about being assholes, when the truth is all 3 are.

Date: May 18, 2009 08:39PM
well let me put it this way. Chinese are probably more inquisitive, but i am sure there are other races that i have not met who are probably more inquisitive. In terms of friendliness, Chinese are not the " most" friendliest but certainly the chinese women are more friendly than the men.

Tudy, in most of the european countries that i have been they just dont bother to help without you asking for it so i am sure they got shocked when you sort of voluntered for it without them asking so dont worry thats just some bit of a cultural shock and you dont need to feel bad about itsmiling smiley). just chillaxsmiling smiley)

Date: May 18, 2009 10:51PM
Ah yes I agree. Chinese women are more friendly than the men. Not sure why that is...but I didn't realize it till I just read what you said. Then I thought about it and it makes sense.

Date: May 20, 2009 12:45AM
Uberche Wrote:
> Tudyson Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chinese are friendly ,and the most friendly ppl
> in
> > the world .we like talking with others,and we
> want
> > know each other .
>
> And Modest right? In fact... They are the MOST
> modest! haha People in Busan (South Korea) were
> more friendly than anywhere in China. As were
> people in PadangBai Indonesia. Chinese are very
> nice but many of them need to realize they are
> just another group of people like all groups, no
> better no worse

Thx for your kind words that Chinese are the Modest .and i am happy to know there are still many friendly persons in South Korea ,the fact you told me changed my mind a little ,coz people from SOUTH KOREAN i met really not friendly at all ,thx for telling me this .

Date: May 20, 2009 12:57AM
He was being sarcastic about Chinese people being modest....

Date: May 20, 2009 01:04AM
Lordarithon Wrote:
> He was being sarcastic about Chinese people being
> modest....

Yes,my friend,i know his words not kind,i really understand ,hope he can understand my sarcastic words below.

by the way ,im not boy ,not"He"..........

Date: May 20, 2009 09:58AM
LOL ok cool, just wanted to clear things up about it lol.

My findings are there seems to be no country where the majority of the people are modest about themselves. Too many egocentric people on the planet.

Date: May 20, 2009 04:28PM
I don't know how they are with one another (i've heard that between each other, Chinese don't even say hello to a neighbour met on the street), but with westerners (to whom i belong), they are ALWAYS very polite and courteous.

At a time when i was in the UK, i met a korean girl, she was really friendly, we went together with others to the pub over the night, and so on...

Date: May 21, 2009 12:22AM
No, they'd say hi to their neighbor on the street. I've seen it happen in China.

Date: May 21, 2009 01:11AM
ha ha you guys are funny.
Minghua may be they said "nihao" and so the people who told you did not understand that they said "hi". ha ha.

Date: May 21, 2009 06:01AM
hehe, i'm only repeating wt a chinese man has said on the french forum...

Date: May 21, 2009 09:51AM
Ah I understand, maybe he was messing with you guys, or maybe where he is from that is how it is?? It's hard to say. All I can say is that in Beijing, Shanghai, and Wuhan people stopped and talked to each other or said Hi in passing.

Date: May 21, 2009 11:44AM
Tudyson Wrote:
> Lordarithon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He was being sarcastic about Chinese people
> being
> > modest....
>
>
> Yes,my friend,i know his words not kind,i really
> understand ,hope he can understand my sarcastic
> words below.
>
> by the way ,im not boy ,not"He"..........

haha not kind? grow up. I said they aren't the kindest people on the planet, it's the truth, every culture and country has nice people and assholes.

Saying Chinese people are the nicest on earth is pretty insulting to everyone else.

Date: May 21, 2009 11:47AM
Wei Minghua Wrote:
> I don't know how they are with one another (i've
> heard that between each other, Chinese don't even
> say hello to a neighbour met on the street),

Yeah they do, not sure what the person who told you that was saying but Chinese are mostly like everyone else. Saying hi to those they know and ignoring those they don't. If they don't know their neighbours maybe they wont say hi I guess, just like the west.

> but
> with westerners (to whom i belong), they are
> ALWAYS very polite and courteous.

No they aren't. Some are polite and some are rude assholes who try to trick you, lie to you or do anything they can to get your money.

Posted by: Della (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2009 10:24PM
I don't think all girls are like what you have met.
There are many unsophisticated grils around me.
Maybe some girls feel much like being friends with u or any other foreigners,
and they may eager to want you to know them.
Ok. It's just my opinion.

Date: May 23, 2009 10:39PM
Della, being around with a foreigner doesn't make a girl unsophisticated. Its just a personal choice. May be they like us because we treat with certain amount of respect that they may not be getting from their own clan.

Date: May 24, 2009 01:48AM
Glad, in general the respect is the same, just a little different as values and ideals are different. Also I don't think Della said that the girls are unsophisticated because they are around foreigners. I think she just means there are a lot of unsophisticated girls around in general, which is true everywhere you go.

Della you are right, not all Chinese girls are like what Uberche said, but he he wasn't saying all Chinese girls are like that.

Here is the point. Myself and Uberche are trying to help the other western people understand the realities of Chinese life and people. Many western people think China is a fairytale land with magic, good food, and fun. Many western men think Chinese women are subservient, intelligent sex fiends, and are good to have as a girlfriend or as an exotic pet. But as any western person who has spent time around the Chinese world they understand the realities of life there. We are just trying to help out our fellow uninformed western people by informing them about what goes on. Which basically what goes on is just about the same thing that goes on in every other country in the world.

So Della in no way do we mean any Chinese people specifically when we mention about something bad. Neither do we mean any Western people specifically when we mention something bad about them....well we think of specific instances that we know of, but we don't mean any one person. We just mean in general that there are bad people everywhere in each country and they can cause much un-needed stress if you aren't informed of what to watchout for and be prepared for.

Also, Della....your name keeps making me think of a song called Della Brown....I need to go listen to it now...

Date: May 24, 2009 04:49AM
wow.........my friends are interested in this topic !!!!!!!

I belive people all over the world will be more and more friendly .

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.263s