Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
One year language course in China, which university?
Posted by: Anjum (IP Logged)
Date: March 05, 2010 04:37PM
Hi I was intrested in doing a 1 year language course at a chinese university
The question is which one? I want to go somewhere where I can immerse myself in the culture and learn Chinese at a very fast pace. I want to go to China to see China for what it is not some huge city full of western chains
So any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks

Could I also be told how long the application takes if I were to apply from a foreign country (england

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 11:34AM by Olive.

Re: Studying Chinese Where?
Posted by: Christina8169 (IP Logged)
Date: March 05, 2010 11:06PM
Hi,
I am christina, i teach chinese online for foreigners,we can have a trial class on msn or skype if you like
my msn: [email protected]
my skype id: christina81691

Have a nice day!
Christina

Posted by: Qiangsheng (IP Logged)
Date: March 06, 2010 04:16AM
There are many pretty good universities in China, like Jiaotong University(http://www.sjtu.edu.cn/english/index/index.htm) and Fudan Universtiy(http://www.fudan.edu.cn/englishnew/) in Shanghai or Peking University (http://english.pku.edu.cn/), Tsinghua University(http://www.tsinghua.edu.cn/eng/index.jsp)in Beijing.

I think you can learn Chinese in the university and travel around some small city during your holiday. talk to local people, know more about their life, learn pure Chinese culture, eat snack you never image before...it would be very fun...

if you come to Shanghai, contact me, we can hang out together.

Posted by: somelikeitrocks (IP Logged)
Date: March 06, 2010 02:10PM
Hi there
1 First let's talk about choosing destination
While it is possible to experience the cultural diversity and grandeur by studying almost anywhere in China, some popular destinations might maximize your experience by offering top teaching quality and more possibilities to enjoy beauty, history and lifestyle or career and business opportunities. Shanghai, Beijing have traditionally remained the top chosen cities which attract more than 70% of all the international students coming to China. If traditional culture is your thing, you might consider more traditional cities like Xi'an and Nanjing where there are fewer foreigners. If you have a craving for natural beauty and travelling, picturesque Hangzhou, Guilin and Kunming would definitely be good choices. People in bigger cities usually speak better Putonghua (standard Mandarin). There is no ideal place where you can immerse yourself in the "Putonghua only" environment, especially not small cities.
2 Let's talk about choosing school
Currently, over 550 universities and language schools (from the total number of around 1800) are accredited to accept international students. These schools spread across 31 provinces and municipalities. There is no single discipline to measure a school. While some well known universities like Peking or Fudan enjoy top ranking in academics, other universities like BLCU or ECNU specialized in language training and enjoy worldwide accolades.
You can also study Chinese in more personlized language schools. Language school programs, however, are generally short term oriented, more flexible on schedule and duration, more focusing on conversational skills and come in smaller class size and comfortable personal atmosphere. The schools are mostly located in city center and offer courses year round. Many university students also take courses with a language school for extra practice or refreshment (well, for example, like us)
On the last topic, if you are interested in language school program, check
http://www.mandarinrocks.com or http://www.shanghaimandarincourse.com
Have fun learning Chinese and good luck!drinking smiley

Re: One year language course in China, which university?
Posted by: Zhengty2008 (IP Logged)
Date: March 10, 2010 05:20AM
I recommend BLCU because it's the best university for chinese language training. You can apply online in CUCAS website. It will only need you pay 30 dollars for processing fee and the cours applicaiton fee.

also you can find the other universities offered one year language course in china by CUCAS website.

Posted by: Antoine.Herblot (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2010 11:25AM
Hi,

I worked in Binzhou University in the Shandong Province for three years, and helped to create a program for international students.

Binzhou is a small city, so there are not many foreigners and it's not expensive. I am in charge of the relations within the students and the University, i also help them on a daily basis whenever they need me, be it for studying chinese or integrating in the chinese environment. i come to class to help the students at the beginning, explain them the most important points and so on.

you can find more informations on the english version of our website, in my signature below

Posted by: Zhangada890 (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2010 12:00PM
ha, i give no ads only suggestion
i think Beijing Language and Culture University is the best choice,coz u can not only learn chinese their but also know the chinese culture.one thing i need to tell you ,since there are many foreign students in the uni , it is easier for you to make friends with them who can speak english ,which is not good for you to learn chinese.so the best way is studying in the uni and making some chinese friends to practice what you learnt from the classes.and just as those ads above,many chinese are willing to exchange languages with english speakers.but some ppl are just want to practice english with you and ignore your need,so it is better to find someone that really want to make friends and learn languages from each other at the same time.i suggest u make friends with those who can speak fulent english,not beginners

Posted by: Astroboy (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2010 02:06PM
I would pick Chengdu U. The people there are more relaxed and friendly. The city is not too big and pollution is not as bad as in GZ or BJ.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.094s