Search the dictionary
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Chinese government scholarship program (for EU citizens)
Posted by: Arnold (IP Logged)
Date: January 20, 2008 04:54AM
Chinese Government Scholarship program (EU Window) is a full scholarship scheme set up by the Ministry of Education of China for European youth. The purpose of the scheme is to expand student exchanges between China and the European Union.

100 full scholarships will be provided every academic year during 2007 to 2011.

Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
This scheme sponsors EU students to study Chinese in China for no more than one year.

Are you eligible?
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a member state of the European Union
2. Applicants must be high school graduates or undergraduates under the age of 35.

Where to obtain application forms?
Applicants are advised to visit or to download application forms.

When should you apply for the scholarship?
From January to April 20th every year.

What documents should you provide:
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (To download, please visit or, one original one photocopy, in Chinese or in English.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Transcripts (notarized photocopy); transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan written in Chinese or English (no less than 400 words).
5. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (To download, please visit or only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants is invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.

Whom should you apply to?
Mr. Liu Wanliang
Science & Technology, Education & Cultural Office
Mission of P. R China to the European Union.
Address: 200 Avenue de Tervuren 443-445
1150 Bruxelles, Belgique

Tel: 0032-2-7723702
Fax: 0032-2-7704790

How to Choose Institutions you would like to attend?
Applicants may choose 3 institutions as personal preference from the Chinese institutions designated by the Ministry of Education of China.
Please visit or to check Directory of the Chinese Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Programme for details.

Who administers the Program?
China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), designated by the Ministry of Education, administers the recruitment and the routine management of the scheme.

Note: CSC does not accept individual applications. Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.

Approval and Notification
1. CSC will review all the application materials from the appointed authorities and CSC is authorized to make necessary adjustments on the applied institutions
2. Applicants are encouraged to contact the institutions (115 institutions listed in the Directory) prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is.
3. The students cannot, in principle, change their institutions or the duration of studies specified on the Admission Notice.
4. CSC will send the List of Enrolled Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the Science & Technology, Education & Cultural, Mission of P. R China to the European Union by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awardees.

Details of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fees for basic learning materials and accommodation;
2. Living allowance: Chinese language students (high school graduates): CNY 800 yuan per month
General scholars (undergraduates): CNY 1,100 yuan per month
3. One-off settlement subsidy:
CNY 300 yuan for new students whose study duration in China lasts up to six months
CNY 600 yuan for new students whose study duration in China lasts one academic year
4. Fee for outpatient medical service: The outpatient expense generated in the institutionĄŻs hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students should afford a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institutionĄŻs relevant regulations.
5. Comprehensive Medical Insurance of Foreign Students in China;
6. A train ticket between the port of entry on registration or the port of departure on graduation and the city where the host university is located.
7. International travel expenses have to be self-afforded.

How to get the visa?
Applicants are advised to reach the Chinese diplomatic missions in their home country with the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form, and Foreign Physical Examination Form is required for those whose stay in China is longer than six months.

Official Address of China Scholarship Council
Address: A3 Building 2, No.9 Chegongzhuang Street, Beijing 100044, P. R. China
Tel: 0086-10-88393619 0086-10-66093916-3926
Fax: 0086-10-88393620 0086-10-66093915

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2008 04:54AM by Arnold.

Re: Chinese government scholarship program (for EU citizens)
Posted by: Dianaiiyambo (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2008 08:07AM
Daer sir/madam,

i am writting you from Namibia , Southern Africa . I am a grade 12 certificate holder and in my final year at the University of namibia studying a diploma in Adult education and community development.

I am a 31 yaersold lady , studying chinese part time with the abovementioned university , thus i would like to thoroghly study chinnese on a professional level. This will be for future studies , business and travell purposes.

Plaese advise , how doi get to study chinnese there in China and do i qualify .

Thanking you indavnace

Diana Etuhole Iiyambo

Namibia , Southern Africa

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.089s