Search the dictionary
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
How to get into a Chinese university
Posted by: Herzog (IP Logged)
Date: January 17, 2012 10:07PM
China is one of the four ancient civilizations in the world, with a splendid culture and long history. Because of its increasing charming, there are more and more international students coming to Chinese universities.

Chinese universities are divided into several categories: some directly under the Ministry of Education, others run by provincial, autonomous regional and municipal governments, still others run by local center cities, as well as by communities. Chinese universities and independent colleges are equal institutions of higher learning.

Length of study
Undergraduate degree: 4 to 5 years
Postgraduate degree: 2 to 3 years
Doctoral degree: 3 years
The study duration of Chinese language students, general scholars and senior scholars is not limited to any standard.

Ways to Apply to Study in China
Exchanges between governments
Handled in the light of the bilateral exchanges agreements between the governments.

Inter-college exchanges
Handled in accordance with exchanges agreements between the colleges or universities.

Recommendations by communities
Applying by means of China's relevant organizations or directly to related universities or colleges in China by foreign universities or colleges, educational organizations, friendship groups.

Individual Applications
Individual students may apply through China's relevant agencies or directly to the relevant universities or colleges in China.

1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality and in good health.
2. Educational background
Undergraduate applicants: High school graduate or with equivalent qualification
Postgraduate applicants: Bachelor’s degree or with equivalent qualification
Doctoral degree applicants: Master’s degree or with equivalent qualification.
Chinese language students: Depends on different schools.
General scholars: must have completed two years of undergraduate studies.
Senior scholars: must obtain master degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher.

Application Materials
If you have decided to apply for a degree program in China, you will need to prepare the following materials accordingly:
1. Diplomas of the latest degree, courses learned and transcripts. If the applicants are university students or already employed, applicants shall also submit documents of being university students or on-post employees.
2. Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
3. Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies and senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation. Applicants who apply in China for master or doctoral degree studies must submit the Admission Notice of the university.
4. Applicants for music are requested to submit one cassette recording of the applicants' own works.
5. Applicants for fine arts must submit six color photographs of personal works (two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
6. A copy of the applicant’s passport with photo page
7. A copy of certificate of HSK examination (generally band 3 for science courses and band 6 for liberal Arts courses). If the results of your HSK test don’t meet the requirement before commencing your studies you can attend a pre-sessional preparation course at the college.
Note: The certificates provided should be the original documents in Chinese or in English, otherwise notarized translations in Chinese or English are required.

Entrance Examinations and Tests
1. For learners and trainees of Chinese languages, enrollment will be on the basis of competitive selection in light of education certificates.
2. For those to be undergraduates of arts, enrollment will be on the basis of competitive selection in light of degree certificates, medium stage C level certificates of HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi -- Chinese Proficiency Test), and the examinations and tests held by the universities.
3. For those to be scientific, medical, agricultural, or technological undergraduates, enrollment will be on the basis of competitive selection in light of degree certificates, primary stage C level of HSK result, and the Admission examinations.
4. Those to be postgraduates ought to have bachelor's degrees certificates, certificates for courses already attended and transcripts, recommendations of two associate professors (or with titles above), and will have to pass the entrance examinations arranged by relevant universities. Only by means of attending courses arranged by the universities and passing courses examinations after they arrive in China can these students gain their qualifications to prepare theses, or otherwise they will have to graduate as trainees. The applicants already in China should attend united postgraduate admission examinations held by China. The graduates from universities in China and of the same year may be enrolled by universities and colleges in light of China's recommendation admission methods without usual entrance examinations.
5. Applicants for doctoral studies must be of Master's degree, with certificates, list of courses accomplished, two recommendation letters by teachers with titles of associate professor or above, and pass the examinations or tests held by the universities and colleges. Applicants already in China should attend united doctoral students admission examinations held for native students. Foreign postgraduates in China who are qualified of graduating and studying for doctorates ahead of schedule can study for doctoral degrees in advance according to the relevant regulations.
6. The would-be undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral students of artistic colleges are required to offer the photos or tape records of their artistic works and tutor's recommendations as well.
7. Foreign students who have graduated in China will be granted priority to return for further education.
8. Foreign students, of all types, will be examined by relevant universities, and enrolled on the basis of competitive selection.

Application time is usually from September l5 of the previous year to December l5 for international students on inter-university exchange programs, self-financed students, and those who start school in spring, while application time is from February 15 to June 15 for those who start school in autumn.

Yes! Chinese

Re: How to get into a Chinese university
Posted by: Getin2china (IP Logged)
Date: January 26, 2012 12:04AM

Well I know that to enter a chinese university you need to know some chinese for that. But what to do if you don't know any? Well I think in this case is better ask Get in2 China on how to get into a chinese universities...

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.045s