Search the dictionary
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Commencing studies during spring
Posted by: Blondswede (IP Logged)
Date: April 05, 2008 01:54PM

I'm graduating this fall and want to do my post-gradute studies in China. But I'm having a hard time trying to find a school that will accept me during spring, since it is in the middle of the school year and most universities normally only have intake in fall. Does anyone else plan to start their studies during next spring, or have done it before? Please tell me what university you applied to! Most appreciated!

So far I only know of ONE unviersity (in HK) that have spring-intake. But I'm more interested in studying in Mainland China, since I'm learning mandaring right now.. and it would be a waste to go to HK after 6 moths of mandarin training.

So glad if anyone informed would be able to help a lost blond swede cool smiley

Re: Commencing studies during spring
Posted by: Blondswede (IP Logged)
Date: April 06, 2008 06:48PM
Maybe I should add that I am looking for programs in english. Anyway, it seems like the best way to solve the problem is to go to China during the spring and study Chinese for 6 months.. just to see how it is living in China. And then if it feels right, apply for a full degree.

Anyone who has taken a full degree in China, was it an easy choice?


Re: Commencing studies during spring
Posted by: Vanvanvan (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2008 11:25AM
Hey lost blond swedesmiling smiley

I am doing my undergrad in Shanghai, in English and Chinese.

As far as I know the degree courses in China start only in fall.

Apart from that, you need to pass at least HSK level 6 to enter a grad course.
HSK is the Chinese version of the TOEFL.

When I graduate I will have a degree in international English and Chinese.
My university offers master degree courses; but not even one of them is taught in English only.

I am not sure what you want to study but there are so many programs here...Go to the website of the universities and check it out. The bigger universities have English websites. Also try to get info from Swedish universities, they might have Chinese universities they are cooperating with.

I hope this helps u.

Re: Commencing studies during spring
Posted by: Blondswede (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2008 06:16PM
Information is always helpful, thank u vanvan!

It seems that most universities are exremely open to international students, this is the feeling I get when i visit the websites. But as you wrote, english degree programs are very uncommon, which makes it hard for someone with a great interest in the country but a limited language knowledge to study in China.

My major is in financial economics, so I am mainly looking for a good business school or university.

How long time does it take to reach HSK 6? Years?

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.331s