Search the dictionary
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Study Law at Beijing University
Posted by: Hrhdi1997 (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2008 04:53PM
I'm planning to study at Beijing University, but I haven't had the opportunity to contact them. Can anyone tell me if they teach some subjects in English too? And is the entry quite difficult?

Re: Study Law at Beijing University
Posted by: Moyusufomar (IP Logged)
Date: August 28, 2008 02:32PM
Me too i just might
but ive still got a long way too go the finger smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 06:24PM by Moyusufomar.

Re: Study Law at Beijing University
Posted by: Huong (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2008 08:32AM
me too
someone please tell me how to apply for a phd in China (I am phd candidate in France). I speak a little bit Chinese.

Re: Study Law at Beijing University
Posted by: apollohu1980 (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2008 12:10PM
hi, i m apollo in beijing. add my msn: [email protected]
i can search some study info for you.

Re: Study Law at Beijing University
Posted by: Ghazz (IP Logged)
Date: September 25, 2008 03:25PM
hello everybody
me too i wana know how to study law ???????/

need help plz

Re: Study Law at Beijing University
Posted by: Claytor (IP Logged)
Date: February 04, 2009 06:02PM
FYI, foreigners are not allowed to be licensed as Lawyers in China, nor are they allowed to represent clients in any court in China. Theoretically, you could take the National licensing exam just to say you took it. However, in practice this is unlikely too. Even if you sat for it, there is (and has been for years) a cap on the pass rate of 10%. That means that only 10% of the Chinese graduates who sit for the exam are licensed in any year.

This is not to say that studying Law in China is not without value for a foreigner. Obviously, your Chinese skills and understanding of the Chinese system would make you very valuable to foreign law firms and as in house council for foreign companies.

Of course you would need to get licensed in your home country after graduating. Countries vary in their requirements. Most developed countries require a graduate degree in law to be licensed, regardless of whether you pass the licensing exam or not. (Australia is a notable exception to this rule) In the USA, most states require a J.D. or the equivalent Doctorate from another country.

In China, it is more difficult than in the USA to study Law as a graduate degree if you have not studied it as an undergraduate. Also, in China, if law is studied at a graduate level one usually may not advance directly to Doctorate studies from undergraduate studies as is customary in the USA. In China, one must generally follow from undergraduate to Masters to Doctorate. This is largely because graduate degrees are not necessary in China to become a licensed attorney. Graduate degrees are largely for academics rather than practicing lawyers.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 1.007s