Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Beijing Foreign Studies University?
Posted by: Aili (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2008 02:14AM
Is this a good school for studying Mandarin? I am planning to attend Beijing Foreign Studies University in the next semester and I would love to hear some feedback about it from people who go there, went there, or know someone who goes there.

~~~Also, if you go there, let me know and im sure we can be friends and study together^_^

Re: Beijing Foreign Studies University?
Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: December 17, 2008 08:02PM
Yeah, it's one of the better language schools in beijing, I don't go there but I know a couple people who did. I'm living about 10 minutes away from there right now at the Finance and Economics school (teaching english) but I also teach their online courses sometimes at the Foreign Studies school. I'm sure you'll enjoy it there!

If you need any help or information about the area let me know. can chat in email or meet when you arrive.

Posted by: Aili (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2008 12:44AM
Okay, thank you! Now I feel more secure in my decision to study there. ^^
I used to live in Jilin Province, and Ive been to Beijing 4 times, but I havent lived there yet... so I dont know too much about the Schools and how the living standards are in the different districts.... Are you in Haidian District too then? how is it?

Posted by: Uberche (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2008 10:44PM
yeah I live in Haidian District at The Central University of Finance and Economics. It's a good place to live I think, East side Beijing is much more westernized which I'm not a big fan of plus it's where all the Embassies are so there is tons of money and rich assholes there. I find Haidian is mostly much more relaxed and interesting. it has western food, music and people if you want but also has tons of Chinese things so it's good all around.

Posted by: Northmost (IP Logged)
Date: January 22, 2009 02:49AM
I'll be there.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.435s