Search the dictionary
Search Chinese-Tools.com
View recent posts | Search | Navigate:

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
teachers of english in Shanghai
Posted by: Mandarin.Garden (IP Logged)
Date: March 16, 2015 04:31AM
Sara graduated with a BA (Hons) Spanish and Geography before moving to Shanghai to enrol on a Teaching English course.

Following my degree I decided that I wanted to move to Shanghai in order to as a teacher of english and improve my fluency in Chinese.

Upon graduating the director of the language school where I had been studying offered me a job. I am currently working as a teacher of english in this language academy.

I am a teacher of english and I really love the fact that it is a highly sociable job. I like the fact that every group is completely different and I love it when you can see real progress in your students.
I think as a teacher of english that the hardest part about teaching is finding your own style and rhythm. Once you have found a style that works for you and your students you will automatically feel more confident as a teacher of english. Obviously, there are some difficult groups but you quickly learn how to deal with these situations. English teaching Internship can be a bit of trial and error as you are learning how to tailor your classes to the individual needs. Similarly, there is a lot of behind the scenes work with teaching. It is also difficult for native speakers to learn how to explain grammar, as we have never been taught the rules.
I would recommend the English course to anyone who is serious about teaching. In order to be a good teacher of english you need to have passion for the job and you need to be prepared to put the hours in, as teaching is definitely a job that you take home with you. If you have this kind of passion for people or languages then it is a really fun, varied and rewarding job.

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
page served in 0.085s