K-12 teaching positions for upcoming semester (2015-2016)
Posted by: Recruit04 (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2015 05:50AM
K-12 schools are looking for the following teachers:
1. Elementary school: English and Science teachers
2. Middle school: Physical Science, Biology, Social Studies teachers
3. Senior HS: Literature, Science (Chemistry, AP Biology), Social Studies (US Government, AP Psychology, AP Economics) teachers.
TEACHERS MUST HAVE:
- At-least one year of successful full-time experience at an accredited elementary or secondary school is preferred.
- Government-issued teaching certificate in his/her home country
K-12 SCHOOL INFORMATION:
1. 11 month contract starting from August 16 (or earlier starting date with the first month salary paid differently) to June 30th of the following year.
2. There are two academic system. One is the Taiwan curriculum system, and the other is a Taiwan/American curriculum system.
3. Taiwan curriculum system offers government-approved English curriculum, mainly taught by Chinese English teachers. Foreign teachers tell stories, teach phonics in Elementary school (K-G4), and teach interest group classes (somehow like elective classes) from G5-G11.
4. Bilingual curriculum system teach Chinese and math according to Taiwan government-approved curriculum, while English, social Studies and science follow California curriculum standards.
1. Performance Incentives.
2. Salary begins from NTD$ 62,700 up to 74,000 per month (depends on educational credentials/experience)
3. If the teacher renew the contract, the salary for 1 month will be provided
4. Additional NTD$10,000 bonus every month
5. NTD$50,000 round-trip ticket
6. Furnished accommodation
7. National health insurance
8. 1-2 weeks vacation during Chinese New Year
TEACHER SCHEDULE AND DUTIES:
1. (M-F) 8:00am-5:00pm, 8 hrs with an 1-hour lunch break
2. Each class is 40-45 mins
3. Maximum teaching hours is 22 teaching periods per week
4. Teachers will assist in any subject-related activities at school or major school events, during weekdays and/or weekends (about 1 or 2 times per semester).
5. Teachers will assist in preparation for any English-related materials, such as listening test recordings, Story Time at English Library, etc.
1. Teaching resume with recent photo/s
2. Copy of degree and teaching certificate/permit/registration
3. Copy of passport that is valid for 6months (optional)
4. Earliest date of availability
To apply, send the following requirements to Dewey International:
Name: Michael Yang